Gimp Tutor

adeoin

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but I am in charge of making a logo for my Uncle's toy business. I only have GIMP but I'm very amateur at Gimp so I'm looking for anyone experienced in Gimp that is willing to guide me through this process.

I've tried reading the tutorials but I'm not much of a reader and its not really helping.

If you are willing to help please post here and we will plan something out.

Thanks in Advance :D

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Instead of just reading the tutorials actually do the tutorials and try to apply the stuff. Learn through doing and ask specific questions here when you run into problems so you have a frame of reference.

adeoin

Reaction score
I will have loads and loads of question but I guess.. I'll ask individually I just thought it'd be easier with direct help.

adeoin

Reaction score
uhh ok lets get started then lol, well I have a text layer and I made another layer a put a picture of a city how do i fade that into the back of the text layer.

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean, I will help but do you mean something like this?
test2f.png

Or this?
test1p.png

Or did i just misread it entirely? If so please restate the question :)

adeoin

Reaction score
yeah that is what i mean also on subject is it possible to only take the buildings and leave the sky and the water(i think) out so it blends in and it doesn't look i took a picture and blended it. Also i want to fade it. So here are the questions.

1. How do I bring the picture layer behind the text layer.

2.How do I only take the buildings and fade it behind effectively.

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
Im still not getting what your saying. Which one is right? and what do you mean behind the text layer, i believe backgrounds always are, and fade the buildings behind? Im really not getting what your asking, sorry. Maybe show us an example of what you want to?

adeoin

Reaction score
no what you showed me was correct thats what I want to know how to do. Also by bring it into the background i meant another picture. So i have a text layer then i went to the internet and got a picture and pasted it on. But the text is hidden behind the picture.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.