Sci/Tech 'Glasses free 3D' 55" TV - FOUR TIMES higher resolution than Hi-Def

MrBrooks

Brooooooooooown!
Reaction score
article-0-0F1A7DE700000578-732_634x490.jpg

'Glasses-free' 3D has taken another step towards the mainstream, as Toshiba announces a price and release date for the first large set to hit the home. On December 10, Toshiba's REGZA 553X is also capable of '4K' resolutions - four times current hi-def sets. Sadly, the price should ensure the 'naked eye' 3D set doesn't hit the mainstream straight away - it will be £7,400, and only available in Japan. It will launch in the UK early next year, price to be confirmed.

It could mark a revolution in 3D televisions - consumers are still lukewarm about the technology, and most surveys indicate that the problem is that people aren't comfortable wearing glasses. Unlike previous 'glasses-free' technologies, Toshiba's uses a 'face tracking' system so that each person sees 'perfect' 3D. Earlier 'glasses free' sets, such as ones pioneered by Philips, required you to be sat precisely in front of them to see 3D rather than a weird blur - and even then the effect was jarring and artificial.

I suggest you do as it's a very interesting read!

Last edited by a moderator:

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Theres so little support for such resolutions :p Other than pictures from camera's :p

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
in 10 years we will have 16k resolutions!

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
I honestly don't think we can tell much difference between our HD right now and the 4x HD they are featuring. Our eyes can only see so clearly after all. Although technology's HD can surpass what we can see, we cannot tell the difference. But still, very cool!

Reaction score
I honestly don't think we can tell much difference between our HD right now and the 4x HD they are featuring. Our eyes can only see so clearly after all. Although technology's HD can surpass what we can see, we cannot tell the difference. But still, very cool!
Kinda reminds me of the talk about eyes can't see more than 60 FPS...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.