System Glowing units like heroes.

n00b1l1ty

Lєgєπd of Mysтicfаlcoи
Reaction score
Did you make a custom hero with normal unit model? Your new hero isn't glowing like real warcraft heroes? Does your hero look like normal unit? Use this system. This will really help you. It helped me. If you use on your map or anywhere give credits to me Mysticfalcon.. Do not forget 'Sharing is a virtue.'

I need reputation because I have zero:rolleyes: If you want you can give..

NOTE: Player 1(Red) and Player 7(Green) isn't inside of system. We assume they are base players like Sentinel or Scourge and doesn't have heroes on the game.

Attachments

• [System] Glowing units like heroes.w3x
    23 KB · Views: 237

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This isn't really much of a system because of the simplicity of it. You can just import a clear Hero Glow model and make a dummy ability with the Hero glow attached to the units origin.

I will have a look at your system to see if you have done it a different way anyway.

EDIT: Yours is actually more complicated than it needs to be.

n00b1l1ty

Lєgєπd of Mysтicfаlcoи
Reaction score
However even DotA doesn't have a system that like this one. DotA's heroes looks like normal units.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
But a simple way would be to import 1 file (HeroGlow.mdx, I have it if you want it), create a dummy ability and then set the model file to HeroGlow.mdx and set attachment point to "origin" and it automatically changes colour with the different players.

n00b1l1ty

Lєgєπd of Mysтicfаlcoи
Reaction score
I had one but it had red color and it didn't change its name automaticly. Please attach file.

n00b1l1ty

Lєgєπd of Mysтicfаlcoи
Reaction score
I tried this one too. And if you put this in an ability that will be red. So doesn't work. Thats why I made this system.

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
Aren't you going to give credit to the one who made theese glow models?

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
Oh ^^. But anyway I don't find this that useful. Just my opinion. Cause I find glowing ugly. Would be "unrealistic" on maps I'm making.

Well I wouldn't call this a system either.. It's more like models. Which it is.

Edit: Didn't check the map. Sorry then.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I tried this one too. And if you put this in an ability that will be red. So doesn't work. Thats why I made this system.

Actually, when used as abilities, they do change colour. I have used this model before.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.