Graveyard terraining...

Whisky

Reaction score
Add some peasant graves, random normal graves, set up some ashenwale/northrend/both tree, apply blight, add some rough/normal dirt so it doesnt look too simple, noise the terrain little and create a region with heavy dungeon white fog..

That should create a basic scary look :thup:

Edit: I typed all this before you posted the image, but well fog is a must? And remember it looks much scarier with limited vision, thus you could add some Line of Sight blockers.. You could also read the swamps tutorial, you can find some cool stuff in it..

And I would also say add more graves...

Another Edit: Are you really gonna have a graveyard in a middle of a city, or are you going to do something about it later?

Sessional

Reaction score
Rougher terrain. Go over it some with the raise tool, make it a little less flat. Make the sky color a little darker, and add a sky box. Add some green clouds to make it look like some stuff is growing there. The surrounding terrain is important too! Part of the scare of a good graveyard is that all the happiness just... Stops. So, add some grassy terrain around the outside.

Lightstalker

Reaction score
@Whisky: Well, I put the Dungeon Green Fog Heavy... Guess it can't really be seen. Maybe I should apply more kinds of fog too?

@Sessional: What's a sky box??? Also, it's in a city so adding grass around it will be hard but I'll try...

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
If you want uneven terrain I suggest:
1) Get the noise tool
2) Spray it around a bit
3) Get the smooth tool
4) Spray that around a bit
5) GOTO step 1 :p

Whisky

Reaction score
Well I already suggested the noise tool..

But seriously, having a graveyard in the middle of city makes it look bizarre and not scary at all, at least if it's a small one like that..

Try moving it a bit off the city, it would make it look more realistic anyway. Think about the people living in the city; Who would want a scary graveyard next to the marketplace?

Edit: And music is the ultimate moodmaker. Add some ambient sound that's sad or scary, like the DarkAgents, Comradeship or Undead2..

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Fun fact: I've been to a few graveyards....and they're not at all scary. Quite orderly in fact. But that's besides the point lol. :p

Lightstalker

Reaction score
Well I already suggested the noise tool..

But seriously, having a graveyard in the middle of city makes it look bizarre and not scary at all, at least if it's a small one like that..

Try moving it a bit off the city, it would make it look more realistic anyway. Think about the people living in the city; Who would want a scary graveyard next to the marketplace?

Well it's not in the middle of the city its a bit to the side but its surrounded by buildings. Some of those buildings are broken and burnt down. It's also the only place where I can put my graveyard so I have to make sure it looks really scary to offset the fact it's in a city.

Whisky

Reaction score
Heavy or light white fog(one weather effect is enough), some random height, limited vision, couple of peasant graves, and music, that's all I can suggest now :eek:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.