Guide - Tower Defense

T

toxic_chaos

Need help with spawning

I did everything right and now for some reason, my creatures are spawning in the wrong part of the map. There spawning where player one gets their builders. If you need my map to help you see the problem reply to this message.

~TC~

T

toxic_chaos

I played around for a bit and fixed the problem...

I changed this:
cmcapture1te5.png

To this:
cmcapture2ui0.png

But thanks anyways, best tutorial on TD's I've ever read!

~TC~

T

toxic_chaos

Help

Hey,
Is there any way I can make an income of 1 lumber every 5 waves?

~TC~

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
You have to use the "Math - Modulo" and check when the "levelCount" divided by 5(every 5th level) returns 0.

If
- (levelCount mod 5) Equal to 0
Then
- Player - Add 1 to (Picked player) Current lumber
Else

Add action to the "Spawn Initialization" trigger, to the player group loop, where the bonus income is added.

Events
- Time - Elapsed game time is 10.00 seconds
- Player - Player 12 (Brown)'s Food used becomes Equal to 0.00
Conditions
Actions
- Set levelCount = (levelCount + 1)
- Set bonusIncome = (bonusIncome + 45)

- Pick every player in inGamePlayers and do ...
- Player - Add bonusIncome to (Picked player) Current gold
- If
- (levelCount mod 5) Equal to 0
- Then
- Player - Add 1 to (Picked player) Current lumber
- Else

G

Griswold89

Scripts

What is the custom script for the color "Gray"(which looks like the same as pink) and "Light Blue," you have 9 of the 10 I need hehe. BTW awesome tutorial.

V

Viper69

Help!!!

I am a noob in world editor and when i try to make your TD i stacked in the part when i have to make the red? -----<--InGamePlayers - Player Group Variable -->------.I can´t find that part!!!Please help!

martix

There is no spoon
Reaction score
What I wanna know is how exactly to balance stuff... I think you need to work on that.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
In the Trigger Editor, click the Create Variable
variableButton.gif
(Ctrl+X) button and create the corresponding variables.

Martix, I'm sorry to tell, but there isn't a universal balancing formula...

V

Viper69

Noob

So you mean when i create a variable in the create variable x it will stay there and i don´t have to put them in the trigger editor??But still i cant find the corresponding variables.For what are they?

V

Viper69

It´s me again

It´s me again.I just can´t find the action "Player - Turn Gives bounty On for hostileCreeps".Please help.Thanks.

V

Viper69

Lost

In the step 2 i have to make a "player group - Pick every player in inGamePlayers and do (actions)(I can´t find it that actions)) and how do i make a Loop Action???I am sorry to bother you but i don´t have the nerves for something like that.(You can expect more of my noob questions later!!!)

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
You can expect more of my noob questions later!

Please, if you have any problems with triggerwerk, create a new thread with an informatory title and explain the problem in that thread, not here. Thanks.

Now, are you sure you're using the Frozen Throne editor?

Frozen Throne Required

As a reminder, this tutorial is meant for more advanced map makers, if you get in trouble with creating variables or finding the actions I have mentioned, then it's time to read a tutorial about variables or the basics of GUI. :)

Ryuu

I am back with Chocolate (:
Reaction score
No wonder it's so wierd. Several months ago, when my Frozen Throne was still new, I tried using the World Editor, and it gives me the Reign of Chaos World Editor.

About 2 months later I used the World Editor again, and then it was already updated to the Frozen Throne World Editor.

Now that's wierd. I thought you have to update it yourself? Because I didn't.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
I think you logged on to bnet, which automatically updates Warcraft with the latest patch.

V

Viper69

I dont get it!

Look.I have done everything what you have write in the tutorial of the TD and when I run the map i have 2 problems:1)There are no creeps who come out to be killed and 2)I cant build my tower (Spirit Tower). It always comes the text "Must summon structures upon Blight".I have tried everything but it still keeps coming.What must i do? :confused:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.