Guitar to PC connection?

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
I've recently been looking into buying Guitar Pro 6, and to make full advantage of this product, I'll need to connect my electric guitar to my PC.

I've heard about two different methods, using a cable converter to connect the guitar to the sound card, or to use a guitar input to usb cable and just plugging it in directly to a USB port.

From what I've gathered, the USB port method is much easier and produces sound quality, but what do you guys think?

Should I go with USB or through the input jack? If I go with the USB method, is there a particular brand of cables that works well?

Thanks.

Zakyath

Reaction score
I've recently been looking into buying Guitar Pro 6, and to make full advantage of this product, I'll need to connect my electric guitar to my PC.

I've heard about two different methods, using a cable converter to connect the guitar to the sound card, or to use a guitar input to usb cable and just plugging it in directly to a USB port.

From what I've gathered, the USB port method is much easier and produces sound quality, but what do you guys think?

Should I go with USB or through the input jack? If I go with the USB method, is there a particular brand of cables that works well?

Thanks.

If you're actually going to spend money on a music program, I do not recommend Guitar Pro, since it, well... sucks if you're planning to make your own music.

I have a extern sound card into which I plug my guitar. Keep in mind that you need a preamp or a effect pedal that works as such if you're planning on using an electric guitar.

Zakyath

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys.

Mind elaborating on why GP6 'sucks'?

Okay, tbh, I've only used GP5, which sucked. And from what I've heard GP6 isn't much better. You can't manipulate the sounds enough, and the VSTs aren't that good. In GP5 you couldn't record your own instruments either. It's good for tabs, not much else imho. I suggest getting a more "professional" program.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Well thanks for shedding some light on that information.

I'll keep reading reviews / testimonials for my program.

Got any suggestions for an alternative?

Zakyath

Reaction score
Cubase is well known as one of the best. At the moment I'm learning Reason; it's an excellent program, though you can't record in it.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys, I'll be able to make my decision from here!

:)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.