Campaign Gul'dan's island

Charapanga

Reaction score
Hello!

I am developing a new scenario map. It's going to be a slowly developing war between The orcs(thrall's orcs + Rexxar's Ogres) and the humans(Proudmoore's fleet + Jaina's magic community) Against The tidal lord and his watery minions. The players will be 4:1 (2 humans + 2 orcs Vs 1 Tidal Lord).

The full idea:
In the far south easteren corner, there awakens the tidal lord, he then rides a wave of water to his island, where he spots a small human and orc encampment on the mainland, he then begins to worry for his treasures on his hidden island. He then Rides the waves to his treasury and Picks his items up. And then teleports back to his island. Then a ship appears from the fog and unloads the 4 leaders of the tribes of the mainland, they attempt to sign a peace treaty, but the Tidal Lord disagrees, heavily wounds them and declares war. After that the Tidal lord's minions evolve, making it harder for the 4 tribes to kill him, and get his treasures.

And i would also like some help with ideas and triggers. So post your ideas for items/spells/bosses/events if you have time. And if it's not too much, add the triggers, so it makes me easier for me.(TRIGGERS ARE NOT NECESSAIRY!)

See attachments for Gul'dan's island idea, it is just a draft of the original, original island will be bigger and will add the humans and the orcs when i get the more ideas, ideas for spells for gul'dan, ideas for units etc.

That's all from me :)
Chara

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
ahm, you know that gul'dan is already dead when thrall/jaina/rexxar/etc are born? he died in the tomb of sargeras.

Charapanga

Reaction score
Yes i know, but there are no other beings that live on an island that is hostile to orcs and humans...

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
but gul'dan is an orc, why should he be hostile to his own race?

how about some underwater beings like hydras and nagas? they might be good enemys.

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
It's just like how in the new world of warcraft expansion, the death knights betrayed arthas. So blizzard has obviously done stuff like this.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
well illidan has been killed by arthas at ice crown. (or if not killed heavily wounded) how about some forgotten tidal lord which is now awoken due to an earthquake or something like this?
just keep creative.

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
just keep creative.

From some guy who's username i forgot said:
Rember: Grmer is vry impotret

sorry for pointing out the obvious..

Anyway..

Didn't Arthas succeed and obtain The Frozen Throne and that's the last mission?
I will have to replay the campaign.

Good idea about having some forgotten tidal lord being awoken due to some event.

Charapanga

Reaction score
Could be, i could make an earthquake cinematic then summon him...then i just need the ideas for spells for both the tidal lord and the orcs+humans...and some events 'n stuff

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
@Accname

lol you thought illidan was killed!!!! No he was mortally wounded by Arthas and the Naga took him away. Arthas never ment to kill illidan, i don't know why but he never ment to. Illidan then made his way to the Black Temple where he was then overthrown by Akama (that part hasn't happend yet lol)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
well thats the story in WoW. (The story of WoW is anyways very crappy in my oppinion)
arthas cut illidan nearly in 2 pieces with a heavy strike. i dont think illidan could have survived. ice crown, very cold place, evil monsters everywhere, an undead army around him, all of his nagas dead. keal and vashj killed by arthas companions and arthas himself who became the lich king. havent you seen the cinematic? the whole ice crown shattered when he detroyed the cage of the lich king. nearly impossible for illidan although he was a half-demon half nightelf.

however lets get on topic:
you could use many different types of big bad monsters, how about a giant hydra? or some evil naga myrmidon with ancient powers? you could give him either dark or water elemental attacks. waves and waterminions.

Charapanga

Reaction score
you could use many different types of big bad monsters, how about a giant hydra? or some evil naga myrmidon with ancient powers? you could give him either dark or water elemental attacks. waves and waterminions.

Well if i made a giant hydra, i'd give it like a tripple atack or something, but i dont know how the hell to do it...

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
maybe you could first of all explain a little bit more the gameplay of your game. is it like vampirism or island defense where one player got an imbalanced hero and the others got to build bases? or do you want the player who is in charge of the tidal lord to build bases too?

Charapanga

Reaction score
@Accname: like a slowly evolving war between the 1 player alone and the 4 orcs/humans, starts by the discovery and the 4 leaders of the tribes come with the tidal lord to make peace, but the tidal lord rebels and heavily damages them, then the tidal lord calls up "reinforcements" and it evolves into a full-out war and the team with the best strategy wins. And yes The tidal lord will have inbalanced units and an awsome giant hero, also i am going to add custom spells and events and quests, and i need help from with ideas for that(maybe triggers too, if the spell is too complicated)

@Jolly Chap: yes it is a multiplayer, will add AI triggers too for single player.

Finall Summation: I NEED IDEAS!!

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
well, the tidal lord could have some undersea like units.

Weak Infantry: Murloc units / Water Minions
Heavy Infantry: Naga royal guard / snapdragon
Spellcasters: Sirens / Hydras / Tidal Revenant
Siege: Turtles / Sea Giants

The tidal lord could gather his units with periodic timed events, like his armys could just come out of the sea. anywhere on the edge of the map there might be a chance that his troops appear.
all of his troops could swim, that could be a great advantage on an island map. the humans/orcs could be attacked from all sites.

also he could build coral structures or fountains, maybe murloc villages.

as for the humans you can use bandits and brigants for weak units, soldiers and archers for medium units and spellbreakers and knights for strong units.
i think there are enough models.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
maybe you could make the tidal lord less imbalanced but immortal, how about he will just revive each time he get killed with full hitpoints until some structure of him gets killed?
maybe some mystical shrine hidden in a cave and each time he gets killed he will revive until this shrine is destroyed?

Charapanga

Reaction score
@Accname: Yeah, i think that would work, but that will mean, the Giant tidal lord will be a builder too? Imagine a giant Tidal lord making a tiny murloc hut. Maybe i could add some builders to his island and some no collision structures, so the mass doodads wouldnt be getting in the way...

@Jolly Chap: Don't we all.. :p

Charapanga

Reaction score
@Accname: or the tidal lord would be mortal, but can not leave his island, and he could summon helpers to atack the humans and the orc's ships/base

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.