Campaign Gul'dan's island

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
well i ment the units he gets like the murlocs can build. but nothing special, if his troops spawn automatically at the edges he could only build towers and healing fountains for example, something small, maybe walls.

@Accname: or the tidal lord would be mortal, but can not leave his island, and he could summon helpers to atack the humans and the orc's ships/base
yeah this could also be a nice method. he is imbalanced but he cannot leave his island, he is only an imbalanced base defender and got to kill the humans with his minions.

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Or maybe only a Hero can kill the Tidal Lord, holding a specific item that has an ability that deals large damage to the Tidal Lord? But then again ... the game will be too focused on Thrall and Jaina only ...

Charapanga

Reaction score
A healing fountain and towers would be great, for the defense of his island while his helpers atack the humans, but there would have to be a battlefield between the mainland and his island where they all fought.

But then i would need to make custom ships for humans and orcs..

Here's a new idea: hiding places for murlocs, murlocs would garrison them, and then jump out and ambush

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i would advice you to create all units custom, standart units do look like the creater was too lazy to take enough time for his game. in my oppinion.

Charapanga

Reaction score
@Accname: I will, but first i need to get ideas for the full game, the size and all of the spells.

@Jolly Chap: You're right...but if the game is too focused on the units, it will be lots harder to play it, its hard to controll mass units..

And i got a new idea for the tidal lord: Low/high tide: Increse water level for 10 seconds. and i could make that the Tidal lord's units can be invisible in water.

And: Crushing wave: Deals siege damage to the whole coastline of the Human/orc stronghold

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i made a basic map design, check it out, its just how the map could look like.
player 1 tidal lord (he cannot leave the center island with his hero)
player 2/3 human bases
player 4/5 orcish bases

player 1 gets units at the edges of the map.

as for the game focus, you could try to make an "AI" even for the player owned units. like you can train soldiers as human but you can give them to an AI player who will control them for you, also you can always get the control back at wish.

also you will need a new name for your game mate. how about "Deadly Tides. The horror from the downs."

Charapanga

Reaction score
@Accname: i know where you're aiming at, but i was thinking like on the west the mainland and on the east, his island, the orcs and humans would share the space, and at the start of the game, the humans and orcs would have only peons and heroes, and the tidal lord and the orcs/humans would be allies untill the peace treaty event. and then they would become enemies

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
hm i dont know, how about that the tidal lord just awakes after 5 minutes of the game? like in the first 5 minutes the tidal lord and the other players got to build up some defense and after that time the "real" game can start. some warming up phase.

should the tidal lord maybe start in an ancient ruin? like a drown city. some nation of once he just destroyed in ancient times?

Charapanga

Reaction score
@Accname: that's a great idea, though, the 5 minutes?, like 90 seconds, beacuse then the tidal lord's player would get bored

oh, and what about a scoreboard, like the XP sistem of Dark deeds, shopping maul etc. and make Experience related score, for aditional items and units

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
and how about some kind of timed game? like the tidal lord is growing stronger each minute and the players got to hurry to defeat him as fast as possible because after an hour he will be really overpowered while at start he is kinda weak.

that would force the tidal lord player to give the humans/orcs some time because he could get killed at start very easy thatfor he needs his minions to defend himself while later in game he will be able to sent all minions to attack.

Charapanga

Reaction score
and how about some kind of timed game? like the tidal lord is growing stronger each minute and the players got to hurry to defeat him as fast as possible because after an hour he will be really overpowered while at start he is kinda weak.

Like evoltion researchs! Like Dragon Turtle Scales: Makes dragon turtles armor fortified or Improved Webbed feet: Increases speed of all units and stuff like that

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
have you choosen the model for the tidal lord already? i would recommend the naga guardian or the hydra. maybe even the sea giant.
well actually i ment something like the tidal lord gains 25 exp each second thatfor he will level up quickly if the players dont stop him fast enough he will become overpowered.

Charapanga

Reaction score
I was thinking the Sea Lord, from bonus campaign of orcs, that drops killhaim

I could make a vault of the Tidal lord, on a secluded island far away from the mainland or the tidal lord's island, where there was the Enchanted Trident or something, and the humans/orcs would have to repair their ships and get them before the tidal lord does

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont know if the humans should be able to get the tidal lords items. maybe they could destroy them though.

Charapanga

Reaction score
Yesh, that would be a great idea, but if the tidal lord spots them, they will be like cursed or something, like corrode armor or something

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
hm ok how about this basic map desing:
red = tidal lord (dragon riders = spawn points for units)
blue/teal/purple/yellow = humans/orcs
neutral hostile = bonus items for tidal lord

Charapanga

Reaction score
I was thinking more like this...

Red mur'gul = unit spawns
Naga queen = Tidal lord spawn
Altar of depths = Treasury

Blue, teal, yellow, purple = humans/orcs

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
do you want shallow water over the whole map? or have the humans/orcs got to build ships. also i would suggest to put water behind the humans/orcs as well so the tidal lord can siege their bases from all sites. (alot harder for the humans/orcs)

Charapanga

Reaction score
I dont want any shallow water, just around the edges of the islands, and if there was water behind the mainland..would be realllllyy hard for the humans and orcs, maybe a lake or something small like that, and they would have to chop lumber to get there...maybe even add a quest for a hermit to bring him fresh lake water or something

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.