Snippet Handle Counter

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
you cannot display a real in a leaderboard, only integers - which is why I suggest whole numbers, as opposed to fractions
I could R2I(seconds) - but I would still end up with the same uncertanty, you can change Timeout to an integer if you so choose

H2I is specific to the system (should have an independant name) - you should get no error form it

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
you cannot display a real in a leaderboard, only integers - which is why I suggest whole numbers, as opposed to fractions
I could R2I(seconds) - but I would still end up with the same uncertanty, you can change Timeout to an integer if you so choose

H2I is specific to the system (should have an independant name) - you should get no error form it

That still should be fixed. It's not very fun to import a system that gives errors.

I had to change Seconds to a Real, and then R2I the seconds for the LeaderboardAddItem and SetItemValue. At least then it will show seconds, since if you simply used R2I on the Timeout, it would always be 0 seconds.

Also, just to let you know, the leaderboard was switching between 3394 and 11 for the handle count in my map. I don't think that's supposed to happen. :p

emjlr3

Reaction score
it works as intended - others have imported this with no errors - therefore the mistake is at your end

Darthfett

Reaction score
OK. I will run some tests then.

Test #1: Blank map. Default settings. Imported the scope into a trigger called "HandleCounter", and now it's flashing back and forth between 91 and 93.

Test #2: Blank map. 0.25 second Timeout. Flashing back and forth between 91 and 93.

Test #3: Blank map. 0.01 second Timeout. Flashing back and forth between 91 and 93.

Test #4: Blank map. 0.001 second Timeout. Flashing back and forth between 10, 91, 99, 100, 101. (I have dual screen, so I was able to click on this window to pause the game, while still being able to see what the numbers were showing.

It seems to me that (at least) 2 handles are being created and destroyed each time this runs, somewhere.

EDIT: I also wanted to let you know that I just tried N-a-z-g-u-l's counter, and (I'm guessing because of the 100 location filling in the gaps) it works just fine. :) That may just be the problem.

emjlr3

Reaction score
it creates one handle that it destroys each iteration - but it should not jump around - who cares - as long as this isnt constantly going up to no end, your rather memory leak free

Darthfett

Reaction score
as long as this isnt constantly going up to no end, your rather memory leak free

That counts for periodic triggers only. I was seeing slight increases every so often in the other system, on yours it was very erratic. It was increasing on mine by about 3 every 10 seconds or so using N-a-z-g-u-l's counter. On yours it was too hard to read.

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
this should be updated for those who dont know how like me to work with patch 1.24.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Change
JASS:
private function H2I takes handle h returns integer
    return h
    return 0
endfunction

To:
JASS:
private function H2I takes handle h returns integer
    return GetHandleId(h)
endfunction

To make it work with the latest patch.

shiFt

Reaction score
says cannot convert real to integer on
JASS:
  set Seconds = Seconds + Timeout

changed timeout to integer now.

Ok so it works, what are good stats for the handle counter so I can compare to see how many times im leaking.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If it increases steadily when it shouldn't (when no units, effects, etc are being created), then you're leaking.

There is no 'correct' amount. It just depends on the map.
What you're looking for is the increase.

My personal handle counter also tracks the time and increase/decrease of handles. :)

shiFt

Reaction score
mine increases by +- 200 a second when there is no activity O_O?

Where is your handle counter :D?

emjlr3

Reaction score
this is bugged, don't use it

dudeim

Reaction score
Uhmm the post before you was made in 2009 and it's already graveyarded so I don't really see a point in your post:p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.