Harry Potter 7 [Spoilers!]

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't see anything wrong with the epilogue. I especially liked Neville being a professor, though. The epilogue was kind of what I expected, actually.

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
Yes but HArry having kids named James Potter, Lily Potter and (this one really made me laugh) Albus Severus Potter, I mean can't he think of anything better? Like I am all for naming your kids after your deceased parents, but there has to be a line somewhere.... :/

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
The idea wasn't to try to think of better names. He's honoring those people he knew that were killed by ensuring their names live on.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
I only watch the movies cause im to lazy to read tons of pages. I saw the Newest movie Order of the Phoenix and it was good. Don't care if they all say that the movie leaves out good parts, I'd much rather actually see the graphics and spells and stuff than see Black and white.

That's pretty ignorant. The movies could not get half the stuff in the book.

Not really, I think the books suck. But okay.

You're entitled to your opinion.

Well, The Hobbit was boring as hell.
The actually LotR books may be good... But The Hobbit disappointed me so much I never got around to reading the LotR books.

Elmst, what books do you read? Goosebumps by R.L. Stein? You're just dissing books you've barely scraped. You didn't even finish the first HP book, and the Hobbit is generally believed to be better than the actual Rings Trilogy.

I got me 7th HP for $1.44!

anyways, I don't like how she randomly changes spells to do what she wants to advance the plot, it's sorta dumb.

I think I got it for around $30?
Yes, she should have introduced more spells earlier. And I'm glad that Harry goes into unforgivable curses near the end. I would have done them a long time ago.

How was I supposed to know he died in the fifth, I don't read the books :O all I knew is that he was dead.
And probably Hermoine will die since she's a bitch.

If you haven't read them, how do you know she's a bitch?
Well I just got the book a few days ago (and finished reading it the same day).

In all honesty It's not a bad book, not the best of the series, yet not the worst. I am still holding that #4 was the best of all of them.

However I hate at the end of #7 what she does to the main characters, being Ron, Hermoine and Harry. In my opinion, Harry is a moron, and Ron and Hermoine are gits. In main retrospec, I am referring to the 'nineteen years later' epilogue she puts in at the very end. I was reading it just thinking, "WTF!"

I think that this was the best book, everything came together brilliantly.
Yeah, I got it around 7:00 PM and then finished it at work the next day.
I think this was the best of them because it put Snape in good light. But I agree that the epilogue was bullshit.

I think that JK Rowling should have put a way for her to continue the series. Who knows, someday, she just might run out of money, and will need to continue it. But seeing as she killed off a ton of people, closed every plot available and then finished off the the big 3 having kids, I think that there is no more to write about.

My final disappointment was the final duel between Harry and Voldemort. Voldemort seemed like a pathetic little child then. If I was him, I would have killed Harry in the middle of his valiant little speech. "Oh, Snape was working for you this whole time? Too bad that I killed him."

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> And I'm glad that Harry goes into unforgivable curses near the end. I would have done them a long time ago.

Well, he did use one in book 6, but it hardly counts.

> I think that JK Rowling should have put a way for her to continue the series. Who knows, someday, she just might run out of money, and will need to continue it. But seeing as she killed off a ton of people, closed every plot available and then finished off the the big 3 having kids, I think that there is no more to write about.

She does have more she could write about. The kids. Then she could go back and do prequels from when Dumbledore was in school and dealing with all of those family problems.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
The kids wouldn't be fun to read about. "James, Lily, Albus Severus, and the Unsuccessful Sequel."

And we already know everything about Dumbledore's past. Writing more about him would put him in an even worse light.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> And we already know everything about Dumbledore's past. Writing more about him would put him in an even worse light.

Not necessarily. It would provide an excellent opportunity to show exactly what Dumbledore was going through during that time. What he was thinking, how he felt. It wouldn't be a guaranteed detriment to his character.

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
If she writes a sequel at all, I think it should be an extended epilogue, because, frankly, the one she included just didn't resolve the novel. What happened to all the other characters?

As far as I'm concerned, anything else would just mar the series and be like what w/e said.

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
>If she writes a sequel at all, I think it should be an extended epilogue, because, frankly, the one she included just didn't resolve the novel. What happened to all the other characters?

What essentially happened was that Harry and Ginny got married, had kids, as did Ron and Hermione. Then there was a small mention of Draco at some point, but can't remember what it said. The new I guess are suppose to assume that everyone else is doing just fine and haven't been killed by Fred and George's (now just George's) joke shop. But hell she killed off a lot of people in the last like 6 chapters o.o

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
My question was rhetorical. She explained what happened to six characters in the epilogue. She could've said a whole lot more things about many more characters.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Elmst, what books do you read? Goosebumps by R.L. Stein? You're just dissing books you've barely scraped. You didn't even finish the first HP book, and the Hobbit is generally believed to be better than the actual Rings Trilogy.

ACTUALLY yeah I used to as a kid but I don't now LOL! (funny thing is I only read the Choose your scare ones, lol)

Okay, look, I am VERY picky with books. Yes, I enjoy good books, I don't only read crap. Now you're just being rude.
What are you talking about "I've barely scraped", I got deep into the hobbit and was pissed off. I DON'T LIKE IT. DEAL WITH IT.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
The Hobbit and LotR are completly different from each other. Hobbit was made basically for money. He didn't really use it for anything amazingly special. The Lord of the RIngs he wrote for himself. He says that in the introduction. The book was for him to have fun with his intrests (he was a linguistics professor, which is how he created elvish and dwarvhish languages). People like The Hobbit because it's simpler, more light-hearted, and just an easier read. It took me a long time until I was able to read the entire lotr. I skipped the language appendecies because of how complicated he made the languages.

Keep a more open mind when reading!

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
well i just finish the book like few hours ago and thought it was nice but just thought some exciting parts should be extend a little bit more like the final battle.

lol the names for harrys son is complete wtf to me when i was reading it im like what the hell is albus doing there... and when ginny called Al im like again who the hell is him??? but calling him albus servus Potter? lol maybe the bigger brother is James Sirius Potter and Lily lupin Potter lol all the famous deaths

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
If I was him, I would have killed Harry in the middle of his valiant little speech.

You do realize that he can't kill Harry, right....?

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Let me rephrase that.... I would have attempted to kill Harry.

@ elmstfreddie
When I said that you've "barely scraped," them, I meant the HP books, not the Hobbit.

Yes, I enjoy good books, I don't only read crap.

You're putting words in my mouth. I never said that you only read crap.

And if you didn't like the Hobbit, you're probably not going to like Rings.

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
Yes but HArry having kids named James Potter, Lily Potter and (this one really made me laugh) Albus Severus Potter, I mean can't he think of anything better? Like I am all for naming your kids after your deceased parents, but there has to be a line somewhere.... :/

yah, the name was predictable, however, at least none of them were named serius potter. I feel like they could have made an extra chapter to show what happened directly afterword... (the whole "I'm tired" thing didnt work for me) Also I think the epilogue should have been Ted getting on the train for the first time and not Harry's kids - it would make the situation more interesting imo

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Yeah, but it would have made no sense. Why would it be Lupin's kid that the book focuses on?

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
Isn't it weird knowing Harry and Voldemort are... related?

Think about it. Harry says he was descended from the third Peverell brother, else he wouldn't have inherited the cloak. The Ressurection Stone was in the Gaunts' ring, passed down from the second Gaunt brother (In Book 6, Morfin claims he was descended from the Peverells)

Tonks

Reaction score
That's kind of the whole point behind how his wand reacts, I think.

I, personally, am thoroughly disappointed with the epilogue. The book would have been better without it.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I had no problem with the epilogue. But it seemed a bit like she [J.K.Rowling] was trying to get to the big bit at the end, and so much of the middle part of the book seemed rushed. The last part gets over 100 pages to it, with a space of just a day. The middle bit - over a year - got just a tiny bit more. Still, I'm not complaining. Great book.

One thing in the epilogue though. It's 19 years later, right? So what was Ted Tonks - now 19 years old - doing on the train? Shouldn't he have left?

Also, check the Wiki of Harry's family tree. Voldemort and Harry are distant relatives.

Lastly, I just realised that Tonks (on the forum) has the same name as the character :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.