+Healing+ buff aura

Halisika

Reaction score
Any way to make a small-radius aura which increases nearby allies' healing? Meaning: when a nearby ally is healed, the amount of hit points gained is increased by a percentage. (It's a hero ability so this percentage goes up when you level the ability).

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Base the spell on any Aura ability. When a unit nearby the aura unit casts a healing spell check in a trigger if that unit has the Aura buff. If "true" then heal the target "(Healing spell level + the static amout healed) x (whatever precentage you want, fx, 0.3 for 30% more healing). It needs to be 0.3 and not 1.3 since you already healed the target for 100% the first time it's casted.

Arre

Reaction score
well do something like this

A unit takes damage

Damage taken is less than or equal to 0 (healing = negative damage i think)
Unit has buff = healing aura equal to true.

actions
heal bla bla bla :p

keychup

Reaction score
Time - Every 1.00 seconds
-Set GroupA: Units in Playable Map Area matching condition: Matching Unit has Healbuff is equal to True
-Pick Every Unit in GroupA and do actions:
--Set Unit: Picked Unit
--Set GroupB: Units in X range of Unit
--Pick Every Unit in GroupB and do actions:
---If/Then/Else:
----If:And Conditions are all true
-------Integer(Level of Aura) is Greater than 0
-------Picked Unit belongs to an ally of Unit is equal to True
----Then: Set Percentage Life of Unit to (Percentage Life of Unit+(%*Level of Aura))
----Else: Do Nothing

This makes the aura stack with other nearby units with the same aura.
Underlined words are variables.

Juggernaut

I don't know what to change it to
Reaction score
You can also use healing ward aura. It has % heal. Just change the percentage from 0.02 to what you want. Edit the Area and here you go.

keychup

Reaction score
i thought healing ward aura increases regeneration rate by % of the base regeneration

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
You'll need some way to detect when a unit gets healed, and the rest will be easy. The easiest way to do this is probably to trigger all your heals.

Halisika

Reaction score
Base the spell on any Aura ability. When a unit nearby the aura unit casts a healing spell check in a trigger if that unit has the Aura buff. If "true" then heal the target "(Healing spell level + the static amout healed) x (whatever precentage you want, fx, 0.3 for 30% more healing). It needs to be 0.3 and not 1.3 since you already healed the target for 100% the first time it's casted.
I like this idea. Seems simple. Thank you very much Solu9!

Tharius

Occasionally Around
Reaction score
Keep in mind that you would have to figure out how strong the initial heal was, which as far as I know is impossible to determine directly using just the base editor and no libraries. You could figure out what the base data for the heal is by looking at the spell being cast and the rank of that spell, if it's a direct heal spell like holy light. What about the heal from a life-stealing item like Mask of Death, or the Dreadlord's Vampiric Aura? What about the base regeneration heals of most units, or the increased regeneration from Undead standing on Blight or Night Elves during the nighttime? What about auras such as the Healing Stream Totem, where the "cast" itself just places the totem, and the actual heals don't have an associated cast?

It might be better to look into some sort of detection system rather than trying to trigger every single possible healing instance yourself.

Solu9

Reaction score
Keep in mind that you would have to figure out how strong the initial heal was, which as far as I know is impossible to determine directly using just the base editor and no libraries. You could figure out what the base data for the heal is by looking at the spell being cast and the rank of that spell, if it's a direct heal spell like holy light. What about the heal from a life-stealing item like Mask of Death, or the Dreadlord's Vampiric Aura? What about the base regeneration heals of most units, or the increased regeneration from Undead standing on Blight or Night Elves during the nighttime? What about auras such as the Healing Stream Totem, where the "cast" itself just places the totem, and the actual heals don't have an associated cast?

It might be better to look into some sort of detection system rather than trying to trigger every single possible healing instance yourself.

While that is true there were no indication that it was more complex than what I wrote could be used :)
Halisika. If it works for you, great. If you need it to be more versatile give a heads up.

Halisika

Reaction score
The map itself is really simple. It's just a single-player RPG with only a few units, and they're all heroes. I was inspired by the AWESOMENESS of the Rexxar campaign! :)

chukky-jr

Reaction score
wait, i feel stupid, so there will be bonus healing when unit is healed under the effect of the aura? is that how it works?

keychup

Reaction score
Aha! I know! Trigger all your healing spells. Within each trigger use this:

Event A unit starts the effect of an ability:
Or any conditions are true:
-If Ability being cast is equal to: A
-If Ability being cast is equal to: B
-If Ability being cast is equal to: C
(ABC represents all the spells which you classified as healing spells)
If casting unit has aura buff
Then set AuraMod = 1.2
Else set AuraMod = 1.o

Then on the actual spell:
Event A unit starts the effect of an ability:
If Ability being cast is equal to: A
Set HP of target unit to HP of target unit + Amount*AuraMod

Regeneration auras should be left out of this condition check cuz it is actually a regeneration bonus, not a restoration.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.