Healing potions that grant % regeneration

XeRo13g

Reaction score
I've been trying to create potions that grant % life regeneration over 5 seconds without the use of triggers. So far, I've used clarity potion and roar but they both seem to grant specific number of Hit points regeneration over time. The healing ward ability simply gives the healing potions a permanent regeneration, no matter if you use them or not... There must be a way to avoid using triggers for this...

Anyone got a clue how to work around this?
Thanks in advance!.-

Edit: Must not dispel upon attack

XeRo13g

Reaction score
It seems that after a good night's sleep, I've managed to work something out without using any triggers. Using the amulet of the wild ability to summon a dummy with the healing ward aura ability that may only target 'player units'. It still requires to create 1 item, 1 unit, 1 ability but it's a low cost to pay for avoiding triggers.

If anyone comes up with a more direct idea, please share it.
Thnx to anyone who took the time to reply.-

XeRo13g

Reaction score
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I wanted this to work much like a normal potion does.

The map I've been working has far too many triggers, even though I continuously struggle to reduce their number. I tend to reserve triggers for things that cannot be done by using normal abilities.

Edit: eg: Managed to create a vampiric aura for rangers without using a trigger that detects damage and can be heavy at a hero defense map.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Not using triggers is just silly.
Having 3 extra things instead of 1 trigger isn't good.

Use trigger categories (The folder icon in the Trigger Editor) and there's no problem with having a lot of triggers.

itorrent

Reaction score
Not using triggers is just silly.
Having 3 extra things instead of 1 trigger isn't good.

Use trigger categories (The folder icon in the Trigger Editor) and there's no problem with having a lot of triggers.
yeah, just look at the dota map :) it has a "few" triggers, xD hahah. And it still runs fine :)

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
You can reduce the amount of triggers by using (v)JASS instead of the ugly, not efficient GUI.
You can do something in a simple vJASS trigger that would normally take 10-20 triggers to do in GUI.
Also, you can init your globals wherever you want, you don't have to use that idiot variable editor.

And yes, not using triggers is just silly.

XeRo13g

Reaction score
Of course I'm using triggers... but when you have 2 triggers running every second, a long trigger that runs whenever something is killed, spawning triggers that run upon condition, order triggers that are accompanied by multiple loops within to adjust hps and other variables etc... AND all that in a hero defense map with many many units at any given time, then I would do anything to reduce their number and increase their effectiveness. All I'm saying...

EDIT: Even though I have a good grasp of the editor, JASS is unknown to me.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.