[Help] Grunt - Gar'band (hero edit)

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
I need you opinions about this hero from Legacy of Heroes.

I need to improve him and make third ability more complex, it doesn't have to be new spell, just little more complex.

Hero:
GarbandOrcGrunt.png

Abilities:
ad2mwm.png

Also check for grammar issues or typos, thanks. ;)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
(I suppose the 3rd spell is Stamina and not Deep Wounds)
you may make it like he gains max hitpoints each time he is attacking/hit/whatever and lose it over time.

also i found one typo in your ultimate skills description:
[...] He gains a huge move and attack speed bonuses [...]
should be something like:
"He gains huge move and attack speed bonuses [...]"
or:
"He gains a huge move and attack speed bonus [...]"

Furby

Reaction score
(I suppose the 3rd spell is Stamina and not Deep Wounds)
Why would it be Deep Wounds? On the pic Stamina is third from left.
you may make it like he gains max hitpoints each time he is attacking/hit/whatever and lose it over time.
That would be too similar to the Deep Wounds, gaining by hitting. I need something else.

Thanks for typo. :)

I'd rep you, but I can't, I rep'd too many ppl today. ^^

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would it be Deep Wounds? On the pic Stamina is third from left.

Because in the picture where it shows the detailed information about the skills either deep wounds (top-right) or stamina (bottom-left) could be considered the 3rd.

That would be too similar to the Deep Wounds, gaining by hitting. I need something else.

how about this:
the player himself can enable/disable this ability, if he does so his max hitpoints will increase by x, but he will lose y of his [max mana / armor / dmg / movement speed / whatever].

Thanks for typo. :)

I'd rep you, but I can't, I rep'd too many ppl today. ^^
thats okay, i dont care.

Furby

Reaction score
how about this:
the player himself can enable/disable this ability, if he does so his max hitpoints will increase by x, but he will lose y of his [max mana / armor / dmg / movement speed / whatever].

That could work, he will activate it and gain 30*STR HP but hmm take more damage from enemy units?
This could be better synergy with ultimate.

Anyone else has some better idea?

Tom_Kazansky

--- wraith it ! ---
Reaction score
An old ability:

Burst Frenzy
Each hero's hit has a 20% chance to drive himself into a maddened rage, maximizing his attack speed for 5 attacks or 5 seconds.
The chance is greater (30%?) in Fel Orc form.

[Level 1] 16 seconds cooldown
[Level 2] 13 seconds cooldown
[Level 3] 10 seconds cooldown
[Level 4] 7 seconds cooldown

I hope you like it :p

random.guy27

Reaction score
Sure. I'll try to make something up.

But before that. Fel Domination is IMBA at the moment.
He could permanently use that even if it has 10/25/40 Degeneration because of those HUGE buffs he gets.
That needs a nerf. Here.

• MS - 10/15/20% (20% is already a lot)
• AS - 50/70/90% (90% is also a lot)
• Degen - 20/35/50 (This is clearly needed so he can't abuse it MUCH)

Or you could keep the current buffs but give it a proper cooldown and duration, like...

• Duration - 16/18/20 seconds
• Cooldown - 50/45/40 second

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
IMO fel domination is fine, as the damage makes up for the movement/attack speed bonus.

random.guy27

Reaction score
IMO fel domination is fine, as the damage makes up for the movement/attack speed bonus.

+120% AS and +45% MS is no laughing matter.
Yes, it has a 40 degen but even with a lesser lifesteal and some regen items, he could perma-use it with those buffs.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
IMHO, the hero is quite plain.
it's too boring, not dynamic enough.
he's just someone who stays there and hits, nothing more.

Here's a few ideas:

Blood Thirst and Deep Wounds are too redundant.. 2 on hits?
I suggest combine them into one.

Blood Thirst (Passive)
Grants a flat damage bonus per level. Every consecutive hit grants increasing Lifesteal, max X stacks.

Fel Domination could use a little tweaking. Lose the Aspd bonus and make the Immolation better, giving him AoE presence.

Fel Domination
Increases MS. Every second, he loses X hitpoints and damage enemies in 250 range by 2X lost hitpoints.

This way, Stamina would have more practical use.

Now you only need a new ability :p.

Furby

Reaction score
An old ability:

Burst Frenzy
Each hero's hit has a 20% chance to drive himself into a maddened rage, maximizing his attack speed for 5 attacks or 5 seconds.
The chance is greater (30%?) in Fel Orc form.

[Level 1] 16 seconds cooldown
[Level 2] 13 seconds cooldown
[Level 3] 10 seconds cooldown
[Level 4] 7 seconds cooldown

I hope you like it :p

I wanted more like defensive ability. :eek:

Blood Thirst (Passive)
Grants a flat damage bonus per level. Every consecutive hit grants increasing Lifesteal, max X stacks.

That could work.

Fel Domination could use a little tweaking. Lose the Aspd bonus and make the Immolation better, giving him AoE presence.

"make the Immolation better" sounds like there's already one. :confused:

but making one would be good idea.. maybe damaging nearby enemies for attack damage of Grunt :rolleyes:

Fel Domination
Increases MS. Every second, he loses X hitpoints and damage enemies in 250 range by 2X lost hitpoints.

Maybe losing % of hit points, that way would be damaging 2x lost hitpoints making more sense.

This way, Stamina would have more practical use.
Hmm, I was thinking making something what gives him more hit points, bigger is difference between his attack damage and attack damage of unit who attacks him.

So help me with tooltip:
"Gar'band has never met a stronger enemy than himself, if he did he would fight to the death ignoring his injuries."

Gives 10 x difference between attack damages as hit points.

Now you only need a new ability :p.

Heh. ^_^

Crazy_Dead

Reaction score
Grunts Order

After ages of working, the grunt finally lets his power out, increasing heroes in range of hims armor, damage, attackspeed, movementspeed and health. If the hero allready has this buff, he will become super speeded, killing all units in 2 slices, for some seconds.

Dont really know any notes. Because, the values will you your self make. :p

Furby

Reaction score
Well, that sounds nice, but I already have ultimate, which I am not going to change. I need change for other 3 spells.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
Rage
Whenever Gar'band kills a unit, he will gain 1 armor and 30/40/50/60 bonus hp to his max hp. Gains double bonus when killing a hero. Stacks indefinitely, loses bonus if he doesn't kill a unit within 10 seconds.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Blood Thirst
Gar'band has a strong lust for blood. Every attack grants him lifesteal. As Gar'band loses health, his lust for blood increases, granting further lifesteal.

Level 1 - 10% base lifesteal, every 1% health missing grants additional 0.2% lifesteal. Maximum of 25% total lifesteal.
Level 2 - 15% base lifesteal, every 1% health missing grants additional 0.3% lifesteal. Maximum of 35% total lifesteal.
Level 3 - 20% base lifesteal, every 1% health missing grants additional 0.4% lifesteal. Maximum of 45% total lifesteal.

Demonic Rage
Gar'band channels his rage into power. For more of his health missing, the more rage he's filled with

Level 1 - Grants 1% of maximum health as damage. For every health missing, increases damage by 0.06.
Level 2 - Grants 3% of maximum health as damage. For every health missing, increases damage by 0.08.
Level 3 - Grants 5% of maximum health as damage. For every health missing, increases damage by 1.

Note: Health missing is not in percentage.

Stamina
Gar'band is able to increase his stamina for a duration. Increases maximum health by 50% for a period of time.

Level 1 - Reverts back to current health with percentage when bonus health was present minus 30% of maximum health. Lasts 5 seconds.
Level 2 - Reverts back to current health with percentage when bonus health was present minus 15% of maximum health. Lasts 7 seconds.
Level 3 - Reverts back to current health with percentage when bonus health was present. Lasts 9 seconds.

Example:
Let's say the caster has 1000 max health.
Level 1: Health increases to 1500. Let's say the caster receives damage and the life is reduced to 750. Then, the duration is over. 750/1500 x 100% = 50%. Thus, health is set to 500. Since level 1 remove additional 30% of maximum health, 300 (1000 x 30%) health is removed. So resulting in the caster left with 200 health.
Level 2: Same scenario as above. Except, the caster will be left with 350 [500 - (1000 x 15%)] health.
Level 3: Same scenario as above. Except, the caster will be left with 500 health.

Note: Damage dealt from health reduction is non-lethal

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.