Help in beating CHEATS!

xAnaMorphine

Reaction score
How can I protect my map so that other people can't implent "CHEATPACKS" into it?
Is it possible for people to enable the Save and Load System in Singleplayer? (Using AceHarts Save/Load System; disabled Save and Load in Singleplayer)

Any tipps?

P.S: I'm not talking about greedisgood nor I'm talking about whosyourdaddy.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
How can I protect my map so that other people can't implent "CHEATPACKS" into it?
Is it possible for people to enable the Save and Load System in Singleplayer? (Using AceHarts Save/Load System; disabled Save and Load in Singleplayer)

Any tipps?

P.S: I'm not talking about greedisgood nor I'm talking about whosyourdaddy.

why not make that automaticle writes whosyourdaddy, when a player has typed whosyourdaddyu?This will piss most people off

Nina

Reaction score
You can't really protect it since they get the .j file with an mpq editor. Try to hide your anti cheat like disable save n load in single player so they can't find it easy.

Edit: let's say a player can't have more then 100000 gold in your map make a trigger that defeats them when they get more, this and similar things like these can help in MINOR protection. If it's someone smart they can get cheatpacks in your map anyway.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
They're not. And ana means cheats that are implemented by directly editing the .j file correct?
Not sure it's possible...
And you want to disable save/load in singleplayer?
Just turn off the Save/Load triggers if number of players is equal to 1. I think that should do...

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
you wanna delete whosyourdaddy? well i can make you a system to do so if you want.
the idea is kinda easy. you create 1 dummy for the player with 1-1 damage. 1 dummy for neutral hostile with 100 hitpoints and a regeneration of 2pps.
now you check, if the neutral dummy get killed by the players dummy you know hes cheating.

xAnaMorphine

Reaction score
They're not. And ana means cheats that are implemented by directly editing the .j file correct?

Yus :(

Today 04:30 AM
Accname

you wanna delete whosyourdaddy? well i can make you a system to do so if you want.
the idea is kinda easy. you create 1 dummy for the player with 1-1 damage. 1 dummy for neutral hostile with 100 hitpoints and a regeneration of 2pps.
now you check, if the neutral dummy get killed by the players dummy you know hes cheating.

Check your PM's :)

esb

Reaction score
I doubt it's possible for a way to block editing .j files.
Common cheat activators are
-xscvirus
-tonton acp!
-tonton autohacks!
-CcD
But they can be customized, as there's 'programs' that automatically add cheats, and allow you to add your custom activator.

Not sure if they get detected as strings though. The only good thing would be that people would have to re-download the map when a .j is edited. So the best you could do is make it "download only from *website*".

xAnaMorphine

Reaction score
[...] So the best you could do is make it "download only from *website*".

Oh well but that won't stop people from cheating :(

I got some solutions in the meanwhile;

In my Map, you can't get more then 67 wood and only 1 at a time from certain monsters.
So basicly my triggers are checking whenever a player gets wood, if the wood is from the monster, if yes then do nothing, if not then play defeat message and kick the player.

Also the max gold count is 136.000. If a player uses the cheat command from a cheatpack "-gold" or any other command that adds gold to the players gold value, a trigger of mine checks where the gold comes from.
(Monster killed =/ Sold Item).

For the whosyourdaddy cheat or also known as godmode I got a propper solution. The damage dealt may not excide the maximum of 20.000 damage.
You can't take 0 damage when attacked;

-lvl cheat is bypassed with a trigger that checks if the experience is gained by a monster or added without damaging any units.

Sorry for my bad english, it isn't my maiden language :p

P.S: I hope I will find the right triggers for my solutions :O

esb

Reaction score
Optimizing the map won't do anything. There's programs that you don't even need an MPQ editor, it opens and edits the map's .j (JASS Trigger script) directly. Optimizing the map will not help.

Ana, your solutions sound pretty good, though I hope you aren't adding those restrictions to block the cheaters. Also, you shouldn't worry too much about the cheaters, unless your map will be played and hosted A LOT, then maybe others won't add cheats to it. There's not a lot of maps with those kind of cheats either way.

TyrealFEAR

Reaction score
no using something like heavy locker to optimize script will cause it to reead invalid with things like jc and when saved it will cause crit error when started in wcIII
i know ive tried
aand idk if there is any Cheating method that gets buy this
also idk what does it but theres a protecter that adds
@@@@RandomGroupSet@@@@{this causes we/weu/any we to faill}
that cant be found in mpq

esb

Reaction score
I don't think you get it...
There's methods where you can edit the .j, without even opening the map in any WE, or even an MPQ Editor.
As for using Heavy locker to optimize and cause it to read invalid, I'm not sure, never tried it.

TyrealFEAR

Reaction score
I have[lol]
and what methods are you talking [plz tell] about cause i hack rpgs all the time just for kicks
but not so much any more im hacking aosis now such as Dota and others but Dota mostly

TyrealFEAR

Reaction score
There are many ways to cheat and no matter how good the protection it comes down to this If wcIII can play it it can be cheated *Period*
cause i can think of like 5 diff sites were they unprotect maps for free so...

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
There are many ways to cheat and no matter how good the protection it comes down to this If wcIII can play it it can be cheated *Period*
cause i can think of like 5 diff sites were they unprotect maps for free so...

The type of people that know how to unprotect maps that have been protected heavily are (generally) not the people who go around inserting cheats into maps.

And there are ways of cheat prevention. If you wanted a full-proof method, you could trigger most of the stuff in your map, or make sure some "verification" trigger ran for every trigger. If a trigger without the verification (whatever it is) runs, the game crashes.

esb

Reaction score
Since TheHelper.net does not support map unprotecting nor hacking, I won't discuss any form of either.

TyrealFEAR

Reaction score
wow that would be heavily complicated to verifiy triggers
plus i am the type to go around inserting triggers into a map that has been uprottected
plus the kind of unprotettcion would allow some one to simply delete the verify cation wich brings the point that there is no fool proof method if u can play it u can hack it

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.