Help me Create RPG?

ShadowInTheD

Reaction score
Thanks a lot, good ideas.

I wanted to incorporate mini-games with the RPG, but didn't know how, but now I have some idea. I also really like the jokes, and maybe could branch out to facts about random things and other stuff. On your saving and loading thing, I don't quite understand what you mean o_O

And as for helping, this helps a lot, this is the main reason I want a team, to get the best ideas possible.

MorbazanRhot

Reaction score
Well, you know how pretty much every RPG is going to have a final boss, the ultimate test or whatever. Well, the convention is that said boss is at the end of the game. You could instead have the players fight him much sooner (near the very beginning of the game) and if they lose, he just leaves them alone and they revive; going on to assume his role of being fought at the end of the game like usual. This is a rather typical encounter in lots of RPG's that are not WC3 RPG'; it's like "oh... I'm not strong enough to beat you now, but I will be later."

Well you could make it so that if the players lose to that boss early on in the game (which they will undoubtedly their first time playing the game), that when they fight him later on he does a bunch of ridiculously overpowered stuff and cannot be beat. Thus, the only way to beat the game would be to load from the beginning with stronger heroes and beat him the first time you face him (and from there he could either go on to the end of the game, only in a weakened state; or that could just be the end of the game, which would solve the redundancy of having to play through the game again with a hero that's so strong it becomes boring). Like I said, not an idea you need to use, but I just wanted to make sure you understood it - do you now?

ShadowInTheD

Reaction score
I understand it now, thanks for explaining.

But that gives me a great idea, make a "rival" hero to compete with players' heroes? Like battle them every so often during the game, which is kind of like the boss, except it doesn't make the game not winnable if you lose really early, which is kinda lame :(. But thanks again for the ideas, I liked them all.

perkeyone

something clever
Reaction score
hey id like to hear your ideas.
i have a ton of scrap papers in my room of all the odd ideas ive come up wit over the years. one day i hope o compile them all into one epic game.
maybe we can bounce ideas off of eachother

Joshman_09

Reaction score
shadow... im an free for any of those positions but i cant make models..lol i am very interested in helpin u , i pretty much spend all my time with wc3 and WE so i can help if u need me . pm me the details if u want.

ShadowInTheD

Reaction score
You say you're on WC3 a lot, well my name's ShadowInTheDark on west, if you want me to go east, I can, ShadowInTheDark is the same, on euro, it's ShadowInTehDark, but specify which server.

radromity

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
ok first off it seems like you want this to become so big wich may or maynot happen but dont go around saying its going to be the best just have fun i made my own simple rpg i was haveing a blast i lost a hero i kept on going but the thing is to have fun and to make the map fun

ShadowInTheD

Reaction score
My goal IS to make the best RPG there is, of course, but I will always want a better RPG than the best out there.

radromity

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
what im saying is that is to make a good map is to make the game fun for evory one like haveing several way for the more hardcore to the people who like the easy or people who want more medium dificulty

ShadowInTheD

Reaction score
That actually gives me a good idea, but ye, a game that can be repeated and still be as fun is a good game. Most RPGs aren't like that though. There's always some limit in an RPG, until it gets boring, because there's not enough to do. Eventually someone will play every hero (If they play that long), and do everything they possibly can, what more is there to do after that? That's why I want to have a map with a TON of stuff in it, so it will be repeated a lot more.

Joshman_09

Reaction score
yea i am eastern us and my name on B.net is 0027955 ( its my student id and i had no other names lol) if u cant get ahold of me on there than just pm me :)

xxartanisxx

Reaction score
id love to help i got a basic but thorough knowledge of everything (id make one myself just hate terraining) i could probably do most of the work with heroes and items for you-im great at balancing things gimme a pm.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.