Help me find God (Or make this hero work)

Apostle O

Reaction score
Well, I decided that any God's Land maps on B.Net were a joke, and used for the sole purpose of making some poor sap feel good for himself by holding power over every other player in the game (power which, invariably, he cannot handle.) So, I am working to make a God's Land map that is based more on the players who are not God than God himself. So, to start, I want to make God as small as posible. Normally, on a God's Land map, God takes up a huge section of the terrain, as it is used for all of his buildings and so forth. I would think that, given the right map maker, God could be nothing more than a hero. So, I am trying to make a God hero.

So, I outlined what the God hero would be in my head. I would want him to be based on Midivh and his Crow form. I want the Crow form to have different abilities than the Human form. Now, since I am not having a problem with the abilities yet, I will skip the part which outlines what abilities he will have.

Now, the problem I am having is based on the crow form. If I use hero based on Midivh, the game crashes when I try to use crow form. When I use a modified Midivh, I can't give him hero abilities, or levels. Also, with a modified Midivh, when he switches to the crow form, he has the same abilities as the human form.

So, preferably, I would like to know how to stop the crash on the hero based on Midivh.

-Apostle O

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> the game crashes when I try to use crow form
this is because you probably tried to morph a hero intro a unit or vice versa which is never a good idea and causes problems. make sure both the hero and its crow form are heroes and then try.

Apostle O

Reaction score
Ah, thanks, that was the problem. Well, I got it to work, but there seems to be a bit of an animation problem. I am going to mess with the data values for a bit, but if anyone has a hint for me, I would appreciate it.

When the character goes into the crow form, he shifts upwards a few points, and then the animation plays. Now, the crow is barely above the ground, and yet flying over slightly higher ground his wings will colide with the terrain. So, I guess I will compare each value of each of the units with each value of each of the others...

Edit: I got the animations fixed. Now I just need to know how to make the crow form and human form have different abilities (if that is at all possible.)

Edit 2: For whatever reason, I have a new problem. My spell book on my Midivh unit works fine, until he uses crow form. When in crow form, the icon is still there (even though the crow unit doesn't have the spellbook as an ability in the editor.) Clicking on the icon, the spell book contains no spells. Returning to human form, the spell book icon is still there, and still has no spells in it. I really don't know where to look to fix this.

-Apostle O

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.