Help me with Shockwave spell

Royal-Naga

Reaction score
Well I have two questions!
I'll make this clear.

1) How does it works tha "max damage" in shockwave spells? Like Carrior Swarm or Shockwave? The max damage is way bigger than the normal damage it is actualy dealed? How des this damage have a effect in the spell? And more importantly how the damage is deal? (What I mean with this?) I mean, if the unit in the end of the spell (Max distance) take the final damage? (for example 2000) or the "max damage" increases together with the proyectile traveling?

2) This is the spell that I want to make, let's call it "Triple Shockwave"
The hero cast a spell in a point and then a dummy unit is created, the dummy will cast 3 shockwaves at the point were the ability was cast (by the hero), now the important part; I want that the dummy cast these 3 shockwaves with a internal of 0.33 seconds between each Shockwave.
I do this because I want my spell to deal a minimal damage (the enemies are hit by 1 shockwave) and max damage (the enemies are hit by 3 shockwaves) ONE MORE THING, I forget it, the hero must perform the attack animation 3 times (if it can be done) when the spell is casted.

thanks by your help.

NotInTheFace

Reaction score
The max damage is the maximum total damage the spell can deal. So if it deals 100 damage per target and the max damage is 300, the fourth (and any after the fourth) unit it hits will take no damage.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I presume this spell is channeling? Just store the target point, as well as a second value of how many shockwaves have already launched. Make a dummy unit with a 0.33 second expiration timer, ordering it to cast Shockwave in the respective direction.The dummy will create another at the stored point if the Shockwaves Launched value is less than 3.

Royal-Naga

Reaction score
I presume this spell is channeling? Just store the target point, as well as a second value of how many shockwaves have already launched. Make a dummy unit with a 0.33 second expiration timer, ordering it to cast Shockwave in the respective direction.The dummy will create another at the stored point if the Shockwaves Launched value is less than 3.

Err.. Why channeling? I need it to make the hero perform the attack animation during the 3 shockwaves? since the spell is targering a point I sould use the Naga Sea Witch Tornado and cange the tornado for a dummy unit...
Anyway can you show me a small example with a trigger I can't understand how to "store a point"

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Well, I can't think of another way to play 3 continuous animations without having to trigger it.

Royal-Naga

Reaction score
Well, I can't think of another way to play 3 continuous animations without having to trigger it.

Is not that, I wonder if making the spell channeling can lead in to the hero starting the casting animation, the effect is casted the hero stop the animation without losing the time.
And I just ask how to "store the target point" you don't have to make the full trigger 4 me, just show me how to store values to cast the 3 waves between 0.33 seconds.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Doesn't it work in Channel? I thought Art Duration specified the duration of the animation as well, in which case you could set it to be 0.33, thus causing the animation to be played at 0.33 second intervals.

Royal-Naga

Reaction score
Doesn't it work in Channel? I thought Art Duration specified the duration of the animation as well, in which case you could set it to be 0.33, thus causing the animation to be played at 0.33 second intervals.

No, that' okay What I want to do is this:
Hero cast X skill, then 3 shockwaves are casted with a delay of 0.33 between each shockwave.
At the same time the hero PERFORM his attack animation 3 times with a delay of 0.33 to match the spell.

keychup

Reaction score
I made an ability like this one. Tauren Chieftain which can cast shockwave up to a maximum of 1/2/3/4/5 times, dealing 100 damage each wave.

This map has some of my old heroes. Pick the Tauren Chieftain and see if this is what you want. The interval is about 1.3 seconds but you can change that yourself.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Just to clarify, he wants it so that when the dummy casts the shockwave, the hero plays his attack animation.
So it looks like the hero is attacking and causing the shockwave to ripple out.

At least, that's what I'm assuming he's wanting.

keychup

Reaction score
Yup, that's exactly what my Tauren Chieftain does. There are plenty of secondary effects in there but after one cast he sends out a number of shockwaves, playing the slam animation. That's all he's gonna need. Just look around the tavern for Tauren Cieftain's face. Though, the spells in there are all GUI and lack the efficiency I've developed over the past month. If you'd like an updated version I have until Monday before I leave on a plane. Otherwise you'll have to stick to that old map's idea then make up your own more efficient method.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.