Help with Basics for a RPG map

Ynklig

Reaction score
Heyloo :).

Allright, this is what I need help with:

Exampel: If I kill a troll somewhere on the map I want it to spawn at the same location where I found it after 45 secs, it should have the same loot table and everything like that.

A RPG without quests is rather boring I say, if I doesnt have anything else thats dominate the RPG map. I´m going for the quests sorta RPG. I want to pick up a quest by hitting ( A + target ) a mob with an "!" over it and get the quest. But at the same time I dont want the target to get damaged or anything. ( Press A + target then the hero/unit face the guy with the quest and nothing more, xept a getting a quest ofc. )

That was the main things so far. Thanks :)

I hope there is someone that understand me. ;)

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
lol u should look for turtorils but heres the trigger for attacking the target for quest

Code:
test
    Events
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 2 (Blue) Is attacked
    Conditions
        (Attacked unit) Equal to (Last created unit)
    Actions
        Quest - Create a Required quest titled Your Quest with the description Your Text, using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbush.blp
        Unit - Set life of (Attacked unit) to 999.00

IS that around it. It dosn't have to be player owned and the last created unit is your unit. When the unit ius attacked its health gose to full instantly. The creep respawning trigger is harder

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Code:
Untitled Trigger 006
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) owned by Neutral Hostile) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set i = (i + 1)
                Set points[i] = (Position of (Picked unit))
                Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to i
Code:
Untitled Trigger 007
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
    Actions
        Wait 45.00 seconds
        Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) for Neutral Hostile at points[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))] facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Set the custom value of (Last created unit) to (Custom value of (Triggering unit))

The variable "points" is a PointVariable with array. The "i" is an integer variable. The pointvariable is used for storing the position of the creep.
Thats mostly it. Of course you need some conditions in the second trigger, like unit is not a hero, units owner is neutral hostile..

Loot? What? Item table? Has to be done via a trigger. You can use the second trigger by adding this:
Code:
Item - Create Tome of Experience at (Position of (Triggering unit))
You should as said in previous post look up some tutorials and read them, look up a loop tutorial and a leak tutorial. Of course, you maybe want to create some random items... Hence create a new variable "item-type" with array. Then set the variable to some items...blablabla....tell us when you are stuck-.-

The condition in the previous post does not work. Remove it to make no units able to attack it.

You might also want the attacking unit to stop attacking, instead of setting life of the attacked unit to full, here:
Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Stop

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Shouldn't the event in "Untitled Trigger 007" be "A unit owned by Neutral Hostile dies" or something more accurate so that it doesn't fire whenever your heroes dies etc.

Ynklig

Reaction score
I looked up the tut about creeps respawning. ( Stupid me not to look for that first <.<. )

Thanks for the help with the other stuff :). And I promise this wont be the last time ( either is this the first time ) I will post something here ^^.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.