Help with bounty from units

B0ndo

Reaction score
Hello there guys.
Im new at this forum, so hey :)

Im creating an "Age of War" like map where you send units towards an enemy player. For an example player red is against player yellow, so when red sends units the units will appear as dark green's units so he cant control them, and player yellow's units will spawn as brown's units. One thing i didnt take in my considuration was that the bounty would be given to Dark Green and Brown when they kill each other units, but in fact it is red or yellow sending them.
Is there any way to make the bounty go to red when a unit in that region die or something and to yellow when brown kills some units?
I'd really appreciate if someone could give me a picture, if this is possible of how the trigger should look like.

B0ndo

Skippy

Reaction score
You can make something like:

Trigger:
  • Bounty
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) belongs to an ally of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Add 50 to Player 5 (Yellow) Current gold
        • Else - Actions
          • Player - Add 50 to Player 1 (Red) Current gold

B0ndo

Reaction score
Thanks for your answer, but that will add 50 gold to the ally of yea you know.. But in my map i got 30 waves which all give a different amount of bounty, in each wave or upgrade there are 3 units so 3 x 30 is 90, i gotta make 90 triggers?

zandor66

Reaction score
i didnt understand you very well but if you have problems with bounty, if units dont drop gold you should turn bounty ON like this
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Turn Gives bounty On for (Player((Integer A)))

if you want to turn bounty on for specific players just add
Trigger:
  • Drop gold ON
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Turn Gives bounty On for (Player 1 (Red))
      • Player - Turn Gives bounty On for (Player 2 (Blue))

and so on...

B0ndo

Reaction score
Red........................Yellow
Blue........................Orange
Teal........................Green
Purple......................Pink

Team 1................Team 2

When a player from Team 1 sends units they will come out as a dark green's units and when a player from team 2 sends units they will come out as brown's units and then follow the regions towards his enemy's base and kill the units on the way. The thing im looking for is if i can make a trigger that gives the bounty from brown's kills to the one who sent the specific units and the same for dark green's units.

I tried to express me better there.

Thanks for your help btw :)

B0ndo

Reaction score
Skippy's idea was very close to what i wanted. and to get this right with bounty i mean the gold you get for killing a monster.

zandor66

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • And - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Footman
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 11 (Dark Green)
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in TempGroup_1 and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Add 50 to (Picked player) Current gold

Is this it? When unit owned by player 11 dies, and that unit is in my example Footman, footman who died in team 2 area by team 2, then team 1 gets money (put team 1 in Temp_Group(or call it your way)) hope i helped this time ^^

B0ndo

Reaction score
I really appreciate your help Zandor but that trigger looke a little like Skippy's earlier in the thread, but with that trigger i have to make a trigger for each unit in my game since there is going to be around 90 units which all give a different gold bounty and actually lumber bounty aswell.
I guess there is no other way that making a trigger for each unit. :-S

zandor66

Reaction score
Oh, then if you dont wana make 100 triggers just edit each units point Value to how many gold your or your opponents team will get, and Make this trigger

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 11 (Dark Green)
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Footman
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in TempGroup_1 and do (Player - Add (Point-value of (Triggering unit)) to (Picked player) Current gold)

im sry i didnt remembered that one first time but i didnt understand you fully. Hope this one helps you ^^

B0ndo

Reaction score
That looks more like it but it says unit type of triggering unit equal to footman, so i gotta edit it and make a trigger for each unit in my map?

zandor66

Reaction score
Yea yea my bad. Just remove that line with footman, and you need another one for another team like this
Trigger:
  • aa
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown)
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in TempGroup_2 and do (Player - Add (Point-value of (Triggering unit)) to (Picked player) Current gold)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.