Help with hero custom lvl

0WN3D

Reaction score
okay...This is really bugging me.. Basicly I have a tavern that sells heroes. I want a special mode that when the hero is bought, it will be at a set level. This is my trigger
<Problem Solved!>
The problem is the text that is suppose to be shown says LVL0 Mode. And the hero is still lvl 1 when i bought it. Can anyhelp me with this?

Edit: Another problem i faced. I have a unit that has a spell base on Ka-Boom( Goblin Zapper). I have a trigger to create the exploding effect( flame Strike) but it is too small. Soo i cr8 a new unit that has its model but scaling scale of 3. But somehow the explosion effect is not cr8ed. heres the trigger

Trigger:
  • Human Bomb
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Human Bomb
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Human Bomb Explosion for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing Default building facing degrees

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Shouldn't it be:
Trigger:
  • Set CustomHeroLvl = (Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 10, 12))))
?

Refer to this tutorial.

0WN3D

Reaction score
Nice and Fast reply... It WORKS!!!!! ty very much. Any help with the other prob? +rep anyway

Mahrloc

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Human Bomb
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Human Bomb Explosion for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
why not making a dummy unit without a model and making it cast a custom flamestrike without dmg. then you should be able to increase the size of the flamestrike by changing the AoE

0WN3D

Reaction score
ERm... I dont think so... I want to increase the size of the explody effect, not the aoe. And i dont think i can increase the effect size by chaning the aoe.

Mahrloc

Reaction score
well, yes you can, i think ;). but i haven't got a WE here so i can't check it out... you should definitely test it, because it would be the easiest way i could imagine.

0WN3D

Reaction score
sorry to disappoint you dood. I tested it and the flame strike effect is still the same size dood.

Mahrloc

Reaction score
hmm okay... how about the "unit - special" of the altar of the humans as the special effect

/edit: if that one's not okay then maybe try to cast multiple flamestrikes around the targeted point

0WN3D

Reaction score
Though its a nice effect.... but i cant scale it up. sorry for the late reply, was looking at Jupiter yesterday night...

Mahrloc

Reaction score
as i've said, if the effect is not big enough, create multiple ones around the target point; this way you will have a bigger effect ;)

0WN3D

Reaction score
Mahrloc: I just wan 1 big flame strike effect because it will look kinda wierd having multiper explosion when there is only 1 bomb.

NeuroToxin: I change the aoe and it damages equals to that aoe, but the special effect size remains the same. That means if the effect size is 300 but the damage radius is 600.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Create a dummy unit with the model you want and increase the size
(dummy unit needs Locust and no shadow)

0WN3D

Reaction score
thats wat i did. but the unit will not be cr8ed. i dunno y. It is posted in the 1st post.

X-maul

Reaction score
uhmmm.. so your problem is not that the flamestrike effect is too small, but that the dummy does not get spawned? If thats it, then please show us your trigger:)

X-maul

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Human Bomb
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = Position of (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Human Bomb Explosion for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add 2 seconds Generic Expiration timer for (Last created unit)
      • Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)

it should look something like this
(It's written free hand)

0WN3D

Reaction score
The onli difference from my trigger is that you remove the leak and i tested it too but it didnt work.... Ps: I dont believe you did it free hand. It was perfectly the same... :eek:

oh yea... I have another trigger like this one but it works perfectly...
Free Hand also
Trigger:
  • Event - A unit Starts a effect
    • Condition - Ability Cast = Kaboom!
    • Action - Special Effect - Create sepcial effect attached to the origin of Casting Unit using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\Flamestrike1.mdl

Edit:!!! New Findings! When i use special effect action instead of create unit, it works perfectly. Now i need to know why and how to make it work to create units.

X-maul

Reaction score
The problem might be that it does create the unit, but that it does not getting showed - try to change the model of the unit to something like.. Peasant or similar so that you can see if gets spawned :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.