Help with Spawn!!!

Happy

Reaction score
normally you have to pick them and order them to move to the center of a region....

did you do that?

*edit : and welcome to TheHelper ^.~ :thup:

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
Code:
Melee Initialization
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters Rect 000 <gen>
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set TempPoint = (Center of Rect 001 <gen>)
        Unit - Order (Entering unit) to Move To TempPoint
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)

l8rg8r

Reaction score
Well, i made the spawns and all and made them Walk-To the region i made called Finally Checkppoint.

Happy

Reaction score
try it with pick every unit action....i never tried a unit enters for moving a spawn but pick every unit worked everytime xD

l8rg8r

Reaction score
oh, and its like a maul, they spawn then are supposed to move the the end but just sit there. and also they wont go to enemy :p

:p how do i show the trigger on here?

Happy

Reaction score
like UndeadCow said show us your trigger to move them....

if you dont know how...
right-click on your trigger 'copy as text'
open a post here
click of the yellow 'a'
paste between the brackets

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
:p how do i show the trigger on here?
Don't double post, and.

Copy the code from your trigger, post it and then put then scroll over the whole code or w/e it's called as if you were going to copy it.
code.gif
then click that.

l8rg8r

Reaction score
Well it wont let me copy the whole thing... if i do that it only copies on action or whatever.

Happy

Reaction score
it wont let you what?? copy as text? the field where you add actions events etc...right-click on the title there...'copy as text'...open a post...click on the yellow 'a'...STRG+V thats it...

l8rg8r

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 10 Peasant for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Spawn mid 2 &lt;gen&gt;) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 5 Peasant for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Spawn mid 1 &lt;gen&gt;) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 10 Peasant for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Spawn bot mid &lt;gen&gt;) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 10 Peasant for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Spawn mid right &lt;gen&gt;) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 10 Peasant for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Spawn mid left &lt;gen&gt;) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 10 Peasant for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Spawn top left &lt;gen&gt;) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 10 Peasant for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Spawn top right &lt;gen&gt;) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To (Center of Finaly checkpoint &lt;gen&gt;)
ah-ha! this is what ive done so far, everything isnt finished either, i learned how to make spawns from youtube btw :p. And the wait 5 sec is supposed to be wait 50 sec, just changed it.

Happy

Reaction score
first of all there are some point leaks....for the leaks read this

then the order is wrong to move them....make a second trigger...pick all units of type peasant and order them to move to finaly checkpoint...
like this...(sry its freehand)
Trigger:
  • move_trigger
    • events
      • every 5.01 seconds of game time
    • conditions
    • actions
      • set Temp_Region = playable map area
      • pick every unit in Temp_Region an do actions
        • if/then/else (multiple)
          • if-condition
            • picked unit-type is equal to peasant
          • then-action
            • order picked unit to move to finaly checkpoint
          • else-action
    • custom script : call RemoveRect(udg_Temp_Region)

also theres no triggering unit so theres no possiblity to face position of triggering unit...

*edit: also it would be a lot easier to use a region variable array and use integer A...

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 10 Peasant for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Spawn mid 2 &lt;gen&gt;) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 5 Peasant for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Spawn mid 1 &lt;gen&gt;) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 10 Peasant for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Spawn bot mid &lt;gen&gt;) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 10 Peasant for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Spawn mid right &lt;gen&gt;) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 10 Peasant for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Spawn mid left &lt;gen&gt;) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 10 Peasant for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Spawn top left &lt;gen&gt;) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 10 Peasant for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Spawn top right &lt;gen&gt;) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To (Center of Finaly checkpoint &lt;gen&gt;)
ah-ha! this is what ive done so far, everything isnt finished either, i learned how to make spawns from youtube btw :p.
ROFL.. Sorry keep this trigger and create a new one using the code i gave you.. cept change the regions to yours.. Triggering Unit wont work.. Because nothing they are triggering nothing..

Edit* also delete the move part.

l8rg8r

Reaction score
Wait... So how do i get that to my triggers? Sorry first time using you know lol..
I should mention that i did this all fine once but for some reason it jsut isnt working, i just made a fun little map where ppl spawned and i killed them lol. :/...

l8rg8r

Reaction score
Do i have to keep refreshing my screen to see if you guys have said a response? or does it do it automatically...
*Edit Sheesh okay, and i mean where is this code you said you gave me Undead???

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
Please stop double posting.. And to create the trigger look at it, and then create it in your world editor.. It's not that hard..

Happy

Reaction score
you have to refresh....

AND PLEASE USE THE EDIT BUTTON IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER AND DONT DOUBLE POST....sry for caps but cow wrote it already and you did it again...

l8rg8r

Reaction score
First, is this double posting? Second, so i just maually do that?:)

*Edit Third, How long does it take for your reply to get to me?? Or just immediatly after you send and i refresh the page.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.