WIP Heroes of Destiny mRPG

Randor244

Reaction score

24w7hv8.jpg

Heroes of Destiny

The worlds first mRPG!

[YOUTUBE]GoYBDOqWmyQ[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]vX2DkZwbikI[/YOUTUBE]

This is a Melee Role Playing Game, first in its genre.

Basically it's a breed between an RPG and a normal melee map.
One or two players get to choose one of 14 custom heroes. Other players can participiate as well, but they will not play the main role as they cannot win nor have any custom heroes. Therefore the rest of the players usually are controlled by the computer.
The players can either be in teams or face each other. Just as in a melee map any combinations are possible. Some examples:
- Player 1 and player 2 is in a team, rest of the players are AI controlled, all versus all
- Player 1 and four human controlled players are in one team, Player 2 and four others are in one
- All vs. All
- Player 1 and player 2 is in a team, rest of the players in another
As you see the possibilities are endless ;)

The players then build bases just as in a melee map, and fight other players for their custom (and any normal) heroes to raise in levels.
To aid in their fights, there is a demon gate in the middle of the map that sells incredibly powerful units for 5000 gold each. Taking over the gate is done by attacking it, which means it can only be taken over a number of times before it's destroyed. The experience gained is of big use in massive (well, not really ;)) dungeons that the heroes must enter alone, without any armies.
In their aid all custom heroes have a Megaskill each, castable only ONCE, and given to the hero first when he reaches level 12.

The ultimate goal of the map is to summon and defeat Rankeshh, master of Death.
To summon Rankeshh the players must defeat two bosses who drop a special orb each, the Orb of Death and the Orb of Life. Be warned, as these orbs drop on the ground if the carrying hero is killed.
The players will then have to place these orbs in a magic circle each near the Demon Portal. When this is done, Rankeshh is summoned.
Be warned whough, you will have to put everything you've got at him as he's incredibly powerful. The player who deals the final blow to Rankeshh will be the winner of the game.

Please note that this was originally made for a contest where no triggering or jass spells at all was allowed - this is a changed version but many OE spells remain. So don't complain about that ;)

Information about the heroes:
Wraith
This ghostly hero has mostly damaging abilities and specializes in light, fast attacks.
Golem Lightstrider
This hero fights for the light, having a wide array of abilities, including increasing all armor of nearby units and damaging enemies in different kind of ways.
Truthbearer
A knightly hero with many damaging abilities.
Prophet
A mage that excells at damaging his enemies, having a wide array of lightning spells.
Knight
A, not surprisingly, knightly hero, with many healing and army-boosting spells.
Ranger
Archer hero, with many different spells, mainly damaging abilities.
Timelord
Mage able to manipulate time, every skill has something to to with distorting or shifting time.
Brigand
Hero concentrating on battle skills, able to switch between axe and spear.
Bone Horror
Skeleton archer hero, good at summoning massive numbers of skeletons.
Heretic
Undead hero, good at slowing enemies and supporting nearby troops.
Magmataur
Melee hero, good at dealing massive damage.
Netherlord
Demonic hero, good at combat.
Deathbringer
Hellish hero, good at damaging spells.
Warmaster
Orc hero, using only barbarian skills that require no mana. Really good at fighting and surviving combat.

Terraining - pretty much finished ;)
Units and abilities - All heroes complete, their abilities not. I'll continue replacing abilities that I find "unfun" until someone wants to help me balance the map...
Bugfixing - I guess there are quite alot of them, please report.
Balancing - Not. At. All. Done. You'll throw up when seeing what I mean :D
Dungeons - More features to the dungeons will be added, as secret passages and similar.
Bosses - The current bosses will be replaced.
Megaskills - open for suggestions. Currently they are disabled.
Races - all four races now have two subfactions each, all in a beta stage:
-The Humans have the Order of Truth (heavenly troops) and the Black Hand (assassins, thieves)
-The Night Elves have the Eye of the Forest (forest creeps) and the Defiled Legion (just as it says, defiled troops)
-The Orcs have the Seekers (orc/undead mix) and the Fel Legion (guess what this is... :p)
-The Undead have the Crypt Swarm (insects) and the Spirits (ghosts)

Features - I'll continue adding features. Planned features include:
-More advanced sea battles - DONE
-Random weather with real concequences (Units move slower in rain etc.) -DONE
-Players being able to buy megaskills for 5k gold -CANCELED
-Players being able to teach their heroes to swim
-CANCELED

And... Here are the screenshots:
1-6.jpg

2-5.jpg

3-4.jpg

4-4.jpg

5-4.jpg

090215094041.jpg

090215094119.jpg

090215094136.jpg

090215094145.jpg

090215094207.jpg

FAQ:
Why are so few spells triggered?
See above.

What the... My hero starts in the middle of the map, undepending of where I start!
Works as designed. The Tavern is where the hero arrives to this land, he'll then have to make it to your base. If you started on the small island the hero will have to 1) Take a boat and 2) sneak in when the guards are sleeping.

There is all to little space for me to build my base!
Works as designed. The players will have to build very spread-out bases.

My starting location is ugly!
Well, every place can't please everybody. Please try the map a few time so you can check out some different starting locations.

Oh my god, this map is the most unbalanced I've ever seen!
Yup, just as I said this is the major thing I have left to do.

Some of the Megaskills are all too strong!
The megaskills will most likely remain very similar to what they are now. Heroes with very strong megaskills will be weakened in other ways.

The bosses are all too hard!
Well, they are difficult. Try leveling up your heroes more, defeating all you can defeat.

The bosses are all too easy!
Maybe you've taken the previous answer a bit too seriously ;)

What is this strange...?
Either a bug or a feature ;) Please write about it in this thread.

UPDATE 0.1:
Huge multiplayer bug fixed (Player 2 couldn't select a hero)
Added in-game introduction and megaskills guide

UPDATE 0.2:
Minor issues fixed, smaller bugfixes.

UPDATE 0.3:
Portal bug fixed, pathing blockers corrected.

UPDATE 0.4:
Megaskills REMOVED, bugfixes, sea battles availible.

UPDATE 0.5
Massive update: Two subfactions added for each race, sea battles now more tacical, weather effects added, new creep locations, naga mercenaries availible, bugfixes.

UPDATE 0.5b
Fixed weather effect bug, made subfactions better and larger, fixed a number of bugs.

UPDATE 0.6
Added some custom icons, fixed some bugs, added custom colors for all spell descriptions, added 3rd person camera.

UPDATE 0.6b
Fixed bugs, added welcome message.

UPDATE 0.6c
Fixed 3rd person camera after revive bug, added special night fog.

UPDATE 0.7
Added CUSTOM music (it's a modified version of the extremely exellent music from the PC game Worldshift), fixed alot of small bugs, added a walkable mountain in the middle of the map.
And don't worry, I'll compress the music more later, so the map will be under 4 megabyte :)

UPDATE 0.7b
Fixed RPG camera bug.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
The screenshots don't appear and the spoiler tag is empty for screenies.

Randor244

Reaction score
Maybe someone can give feedback on the map as well... :D

And not that even though the map description says "Pretty much finished", it's a beta...

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
The terrain looks like a improved defiance ORPG terrain. Looks good for playable terrain but the bandit pic, the walls look really boring and too original.

Randor244

Reaction score
Any suggestions for improvement? I've kinda run out of doodads, you can see why on the temple dungeon pics :D

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
For the bandit wall, I suggest you use doodad walls from UTM(ultimate terraining map) because the blizzard cliffs look really ugly for walls and such. The ones at the beginning, remove the mushrooms because they don't fit in and remove some doodads because its got too many of them. Other than that, it looks good.

Randor244

Reaction score
Maybe someone could actually try the map and give gameplay opinions...?
Oh, and thanks for the feedback on the terrain.

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
This sounds fun, and i could help you with beta testing if you want. :thup:

Randor244

Reaction score
Thanks :) Just wait 5 min with downloading it - I will release a small update right now...
EDIT: Done ;)

Randor244

Reaction score
I've now updated the first post with a status summary. Please check it out and come with opinions and suggestions.

EDIT: Not again... Sorry for double post (bumping too early), my computer's clock keep resetting and I don't really think about the time :(

Randor244

Reaction score
A MAJOR update has been released (0.5)
Features added is listed in the first post under the updates section.

Randor244

Reaction score
Yet another update... ;)

This time the subfactions has been tweaked and improved. Also fixes a large number of bugs.

If you think this map is worth taking a look at, please do so, and comment here. I really need feedback ;)

Editorrookie

Reaction score
Here we go, I tried the new hoD Beta and I got to quite like it. I was all about the hero part, I experienced some great abilitys, of course some spells are unbalanced but I had a great time with the heros. When it all comes down, this is a pretty nice beta, you might want to think a little about the problem that you have to multi task an insane amount if say the hero aint near your base. But I liked it

Randor244

Reaction score

What exactly do you mean with multi task an insane amount if say the hero aint near your base?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.