WIP Hero's of the Light (Campaign)

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
Heroes of the Light (Campaign)

Heroes of the Light​

Introduction

I'll keep this short and quick.

Heroes of the Light is a new campaign of mine (WIP) which will involve the stories of 4 Hero's banding together to destroy the evil (Sounding Unoriginal isn't it). However, these Hero's will be faced with different puzzels, mini-games, boss fights and other blockades in their path to overcome the darkness which faces them.

The campaign will feature 1-2 hours of gameplay with many different missions and cinematics.
Each hero is specced in their own way, so you will have to master all 4 units to destroy certain, hard-to-kill, evils and overcome some puzzels.
The further into the campaign you go, the harder it gets.

Hero's

Jerry
Jerry was once a normal soldier, caught up in a battle with an Angry Dwarf and the Undead on his back. It was then that Jerry was told by the Light what his true purpose was, and after escaping the clutches of the Undead, and escaping the jaws of Hell, Jerry was granted his Holy Powers as a Paladin.

Tarnish
Caught, judged and then sentenced to death. Tarnish is a rogue, sneaky and deadly when not being attacked. He was rescued after Jerry received a vision from the Light that this man was innocent, yet that's remained to be proven.

Carewen
Awoken by the Priestess of the Night Elves to defend their kingdom from the newly woken Undead. Carewen is a guardian of Nature, and so has been gifted with Nature's spells, even though he now serves the light. He later gains healing abilities after he receives a blessing from the Light.

Ragesh
The sad story of Ragesh begins when he was, well alive. Killed by the Scourge, Ragesh was reborn as a Death Knight, and quickly rose the ranks of the Undead. With the Lich Kings grasp weakened over Ragesh from a Paladin's sacrifice, Ragesh saw what he had done, and quickly repented his ways. The Light answered and blessed him, but he had touched the dark so much that he was blessed with the powers of Magic and now serves as the parties Mage.

Boss Fights, Puzzels, Mini-games and more

At the start, the Heroes are not together, but as the campaign progresses, more and more mini-games are put into the maps, and you need to work them out and complete them before you can continue.

Boss Fights however don't appear further in, when all 4 of the Heroes are working together, you will need to use all 4 of your Heroes to survive the Boss encounter, and use each individual abilities to destroy the special attacks it does.

Teaser Mission

The Teaser missions includes the 4 Heroes on a side quest, this will not give any information about the main plot, or the Hero's backgrounds, so the only spoiler is the Heroes that are featured in the Campaign!

The Teaser map is short, so should only last around 15 minutes (How long it too me on average while testing), it includes what most of the maps will (Minigames, Mob's, Quests and Boss Fights)

Trailer

Now the Campaign is W.I.P at the moment, but its about 20% of the way through, however i decided to release a trailer of it and see what people think :p. If it's liked then I will continue with God's Speed! If it's not... well then theres always the ditch on the side of the road for me.

Screenies on their way tommorow (Just be happy with the trailer)

Teaser Mission (The Boss fight!)

Teaser Mission (The Boss Fight 2!)

Update Log

24 - Teaser Mission Uploaded

23 December 2010 - Released Trailer!

Attachments

• Campaign Enterance.w3x
    70.8 KB · Views: 230
  • The Under-Dog protected.w3x
    209.1 KB · Views: 241

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Cool. :D I'd like to see screen shots of this game.

BTW, it's Heroes, not Hero's. Hero's means something belonging to one hero.

duderock101

Reaction score
i knew making this at 1 in the morning was a bad idea

Screenies will come soon when i'm more alive inside, not just some dead core

Sajin

User title under construction.
Reaction score
it looks good from the cinematic, few things that bugged me about the wording and the way you wrote it but the game itself looked amazing :)

duderock101

Reaction score
it looks good from the cinematic, few things that bugged me about the wording and the way you wrote it but the game itself looked amazing

Thanks ^^, could you tell me what was up with the wording :)

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
looks nice, though I'm not a fan of such stories tbh

maybe you could have put more work on the "summoning the evil" part of cinematic, since it's the main theme of this campaign, right?

currently the camera just stands there with that portal effect popping-out of nowhere
maybe rotate the camera around it, with shaking effect, souls flying around...

1 more thing
it's bad revealing 50% of the story in a starting cinematic, especially if it's a campaign
I prefer learning the story by playing (like warcraft's)

duderock101

Reaction score
'looks nice, though I'm not a fan of such stories tbh

maybe you could have put more work on the "summoning the evil" part of cinematic, since it's the main theme of this campaign, right?

currently the camera just stands there with that portal effect popping-out of nowhere
maybe rotate the camera around it, with shaking effect, souls flying around...'

Yes I should of done that, shame your not a fan of such stories ^^ but it's not going to be a pure, onward to the end quest line, its going to have other elements installed into it as well, with other side stories.

'1 more thing
it's bad revealing 50% of the story in a starting cinematic, especially if it's a campaign
I prefer learning the story by playing (like warcraft's)'

Hehe, all you know is that theres 4 heroes, and a weird guy opening a portal for some darkness which the Heroes have to kill :p no names, no hints or spoilers there ^^ I needed to put that info in, or it wouldn't be a trailer.

duderock101

Reaction score
I've now added a teaser map, showing what a usual map of the campaign will contain, it has reference to the campaign but doesn't have major spoilers.

Sajin

Reaction score
Thanks ^^, could you tell me what was up with the wording :)

I didn't like where you put "is this another plague, another zombie invasion!?" it just seems to questionable for the cinematic it's in. maybe you could put something like "the evil that is to come will surpass all precedents, more tragic then the plague, and more devastating then the invasions"

something like that but im not a writer so idk

I also didn't like how you used bondage in the beginning and the summoning, its very bluntly repetitive

Romeo and Juliet did this exact thing and its one of the most popular plays ever :)

edit

Also to your teaser boss battle, The boss wouldn't die he used spirits must too often
To the rouge, either the flashing blades tool tip is wrong or you changed the skill ability or forgot to set the stats or something lol
i didn't really enjoy the maze part it was slow and boring + the wisps has a much to big kill radius

duderock101

Reaction score
Also to your teaser boss battle, The boss wouldn't die he used spirits must too often

Lol, he uses it every 45 seconds and when his health goes below 5000 (but only once when that happens). All the times i've tested it, i've downed him :p

To the rouge, either the flashing blades tool tip is wrong or you changed the skill ability or forgot to set the stats or something lol

I'll check that, i didnt notice it tho

i didn't really enjoy the maze part it was slow and boring + the wisps has a much to big kill radius

Unless u died every time, it should take 1-2 mins max. The wisps kill zone is 100 yards, you have to be standing right next to them to die, sounds like someone found it hard ^^

Sajin

Reaction score
Lol, he uses it every 45 seconds and when his health goes below 5000 (but only once when that happens). All the times i've tested it, i've downed him :p

When I did it he seemed to use it about every 3-4 hits, I think maybe I got him close to 5000 then when he used the spirits he got above 5000 and then it just became an infinite loop you might wanna check it :)

Unless u died every time, it should take 1-2 mins max. The wisps kill zone is 100 yards, you have to be standing right next to them to die, sounds like someone found it hard ^^

Yes :( i was all the way on the outside of the path and the wisp didn't even graze me and i died :( lol it was probably just my bad luck though :)

duderock101

Reaction score
I checked the loop and it's fine, the trigger is turned off when it's first run and never turned back on, perhaps you got him below 5000 and then he did it again because the 45 second count run out, im not sure if that happend but it shouldnt of :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.