hook

D.K.

Reaction score
How do you do a glaive chain hook like the one in advance pudge wars? I find that much better than the regular one which is like dotas.

D.K.

Reaction score
The guy who made that pudge wars isn't ever on and i tried searching for that kind, but can't. It's all the other kind of hooks..

L

lordpredator

i´ve never played pudge wars... maybe you can describe how it looks or post a screenshot... maybe is only a change of art.

D.K.

Reaction score
Screenshot for you who haven't played pudge wars advanced.

As you can see, the chain follows u and comes bak to you with a curve, no matter where u move. It's not like a regular meat hook where u cast it at one place and comes bak to that one place. And even if it comes bak to you, if it touches someone by coming bak to you or going towards them, it hooks them. this is what i want

D.K.

Reaction score
i found out the map was unprotected.. however it's all in jass and i derno it. Plus, when you save it.. it gives an variable error. even without editing anything.

L

lordpredator

well the images shows a glaive missile with a trayectory and missile ARC, a ray and ¿a chain after the glaive?....the first 2 are aeasy... can make a dummy unit to fire the ray, the attacker unit fires the glaive and for the chain im almost sure is a custom effect...

D.K.

Reaction score
well the images shows a glaive missile with a trayectory and missile ARC, a ray and ¿a chain after the glaive?....the first 2 are aeasy... can make a dummy unit to fire the ray, the attacker unit fires the glaive and for the chain im almost sure is a custom effect...

huh/?

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I think the glaive might be a unit actually... If it was a missle it would be impossible to hook the unit and make it come back to the caster. He probably uses JASS to make the target unit of ability being cast move to the position of the glaive as it returns to the caster. Unless he uses a dummy unit, but i would be more difficult and look no different.

D.K.

Reaction score
the map i posted above is the pudge wars advanced and its not protected. However, i can't edit it, save it, or anything, so it's useless to me. Can someone check it and make it work oo.

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Its open source, which probably means the creator has inserted a line of code that doesnt save properly. I read about this before, but i dont know anything about JASS. It would have to be a code thats not used in the game (so its still playable) but still stops from saving...

It should be easy to remove. If you can find and delete the code, its saveable.

substance

Reaction score
Hmmm, i looked at it and the creator uses structs, which im not familiar with yet.

Maybe tom jones might be able to extract just the hook ability.

(if not im learning structs soon so i'll eventually figure it out)

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
cool pudge war advance.....nice hook goes side ways...

OFF TOPIC:
whos first? DotA's meathook or the oldest pudge war ever!?

L

lordpredator

the glaive can´t be a unit... unless you can change the height of a unit via trigger or JASS... but i think it can´t be done.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
the glaive is a unit.....it is clear that it is a unit cause its color is black, then it has another trigger that moves and another trigger that the chain moves....

L

lordpredator

the glaive is a unit.....it is clear that it is a unit cause its color is black, then it has another trigger that moves and another trigger that the chain moves....

the color can be tinting of the unit...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.