How do i make a City pop out more?

megaflame566

Reaction score
im making my map based around a city but its gonna be boring with just skyscrapers and other buildings how do i make it more intresting

i was thinking about making cars drive threw the streets but thats all i got

Devrak

Reaction score
Well, depends on what kind of map it is, but I guess it is some kind of modern map.

But I guess you could use street lamps in the corners, perhaps some people walking the streets. You could make a special event that happends from time to time, example a building beginning to burn and the fire brigade comes to quickly put out the fire.

I'm not entirely sure what ideas you are looking for, maybe if you gave some more details I could come up with some more ideas.

megaflame566

Reaction score
Well the map is based on heros vs villans i could do the lampost and people trying to figure out how to tie in the burning building though

megaflame566

Reaction score
This is what i got so far how does it look

Clipboard01.jpg

MrCrowley

Reaction score
Well usually the majority of populations live in heavily urban environments so usually if you need inspiration for a megalopolitan map, all you have to do is step outside xD.

Its looks nice so far, but i would recommend getting some custom tiles (check this out) and other models. Check out hive and other model sites. There are alot of city model packs. Find:
-Street Lights
-Variety of Cars (I know they're hard to find but they're out there)
-Trash, (cities are dirty. place random papers, cans and bottles)
-Street Signs
-Heat Vents with steam
-Be creative!

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
One thing that is almost a must for this kind of map is bank robberies:)

To me those seem like a cornerstone when it comes to heroes and villains;)

You could also have some police driving around looking for crimes.

People snatching purses, don't forget about those aswell:)

Hope I helped:thup:

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Don't forget the stray animals. Make somthing weird like a stray bear that escaped from the zoo and started killing people, and they explode into guts when they die from the bear. Then the animal control can net him with the raiders net.

megaflame566

Reaction score
Okay here is Version 2
And also this is just pics for how the city is gonna look the robbing and other missions are going to be during the game

Clipboard04.jpg

I couldnt get the streetlights and tile to work at the moment

Heres my first tackle at a dump yard place i guess lol it dosent really look like one with just boxes and cages

Clipboard05.jpg

Its looks nice so far, but i would recommend getting some custom tiles (check this out) and other models. Check out hive and other model sites.

Thanks for the links put it for + Rep

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.