How do you create a custom aura?

V

VG Emblem

I was thinking of making an aura called Upgrade Aura and it would increase defense and attack speed. I know Devotion Aura can create the defense part and Endurance Aura can create the attack speed part, but I have no idea how to merge the two.

All I know is that it would require a trigger, but I'm not very good with them and I have no idea where to begin. Some guidance would be quite appreciated.

Help?

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Pick every units within 1000 of (unit) and do set armor of picked unit to armor + something? If thats even a trigger :p. Or maybe there is an attack speed part :D.

V

VG Emblem

dragonhord said:
Pick every units within 1000 of (unit) and do set armor of picked unit to armor + something? If thats even a trigger :p. Or maybe there is an attack speed part :D.
I was thinking of just giving my Hero the spell based off of Endurance Aura and somehow also adding the effect of Devotion Aura to it; basically merging the two. The problem is I have no idea where to even begin.

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Ummm could you create a dummy that was permanent with locust and give it devotion aura and just make it follow the hero around?

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
have the spell based off of the aura you want and when it is learned create a dummy unit with other aura for that lvl and every .1 sec of time more to position of hero. Then when lvled agian remove that unit and put in the next lvl of the aura.

Alternate - have a unit with the aura always follow the hero and lvl up the aura ability woth a trigger when you level up your ability.

Reaction score
why not just have a "dummy aura" on your hero unit visible like just the icon, (base it off crit stirke, set everything to 0, change icon whatever), then put devotion aura and endurance aura in a spell book, take off the art for one of them and change the art of the other so that it looks like whatever you want it look like with only "one aura", then use this trigger:

Code:
events
 a unit learns a skill

conditions
 learned skill equal to "your custom aura/ability"

events
 if
   integer comparison - level of "your custom aura/ability" equal to 1

then
   unit - increment level of devotion aura for triggering unit
   unit - increment level of endurance aura for triggering unit

else
   unit - add "your custom spell book [containing both auras]" to triggering unit
   player - disable "your custom spell book [containing both auras]" for owner of triggering unit

dont have WE open but thats how the trigger should look like wording isnt exact though but im pretty sure its close enough for you to figure it out :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.