how do you do that zoning thing?

SanKakU

Reaction score
how do you do that zoning thing?

you know, there is an area you can be in...and it's like the entire minimap. but the map is much bigger than that. it may be multiple regions like this which at certain points in the game are only allowing you to be in certain ones at a time.

my map will be really big with 25 maps...so each of the 25 maps will be the only map able to be seen by the player. you cannot scroll around and lose your place so easily because the trigger restrict where you can go on the minimap, and where you can scroll besides that.

i've seen such a thing in arena maps at times.

hopefully you guys know what i'm talking about and how to do it.

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
Player Group - Pick every player in Al Players and do Lock camera for Picked Player in Region 001.

SanKakU

Reaction score
someone pointed me to the action at another site.

it reads like this:

set PickArea=Rect(-4900.00,15700.00,-3750.00,18750.00)
call SetCameraBoundsToRect(PickArea)

so, SetCameraBoundsToRect is all you need to do, after you got the region set.

it's just a bit of trivia, but i thought creating a rect was SetRect function, which actually changes an existing rect. i suppose alternating the current rect can be done by moving it from the location of one rect to another, and i think that i did that before in an older map i made, but this time i think i'll keep track of the currentrect by an integer and the rects will be in a rect array.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
there is a GUI equivalent as well.

Camera - set camera bounds for player

SanKakU

Reaction score
of course there is. at any rate, my code didn't set it for one player, but allplayers. oh hey,wanted to post another bit of insight here...not sure if anyone would use it though...

you know how triangles are 3 sided? well i'm not sure what is something that is 4 sided and isn't a romboid, square or rectangle...but anyway i think that maybe you can set the camera bounds to something like that... the native which i think is SetCameraBounds takes the four corners in a clockwise rotation, starting from the bottomleft corner.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.