Not open for further replies.

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Im not new to WE but I don't know how to filter out some words

Like this

Ex.

-setname Hello

The name becomes Hello, but all I know is how to make the name into: -setname Hello

(Substring((Entered chat string), 8, 14)) Equal to Footman

This is something I'm confused with too.... This might the solution but if so, then how do I use it...

Somatic

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Code:
Player - Set name of Player 1 (Red) to (Substring((Entered chat string), 1, 5))

rodead

Reaction score
the substring means the letters between 1 and 3 so you count every letter and space as number so the is 3 letters so it is then number 1,3 number 1 to 3.

Somatic

Reaction score
Sub String Wise Works On the Entered Chat.

-say Hello

If i were to pick Letter 6 to letter 10, ill get "Hello"

It works by taking the "Placing" of the Letter of the given string, and process out the string needed from the given Value Range.

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Player - Set name of Player 1 (Red) to (Substring((variableX), 1, 999999 or 2))

VariableX = HELLO MY NAME IS BOB

How bout that?

What will happen if that's the situation?

Somatic

Reaction score
Not.....

Use
Code:
Player - Set name of Player 1 (Red) to (Substring((Entered chat string), 1, 5))

rodead

Reaction score
test it out i think nothing will hapen because i don't know if you got it in the right order and if something hapens you see your variable,

Choppa

www.warcraft-gamers.po.gs
Reaction score
Code:
-setname
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -setname as A substring
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player - Set name of Player 1 (Red) to (Substring((Entered chat string), 10, (Length of (Entered chat string))))
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Length =  + (String((Length of (Entered chat string)))))
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: (First letter =  + (Substring((Entered chat string), 10, 10)))
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Last letter =  + (Substring((Entered chat string), (Length of (Entered chat string)), (Length of (Entered chat string)))))

That has the Game - Display to... You don't need that, that just shows you what the values are.
This one works, I just tested it out before, you need to use the number first letter to be detected as 10 because you need the place after the last letter of -setname which is e, so it i was 8 which is the total number of characters in "-setname" then it would give "e", and if you used 9 then it would be the space after that, so you use 10 to detect the first letter of the name they want.

Sorry if I'm not making much sense i'm like ub3r tired and my memory is like 3 seconds at the moment lol.

KoJi

Reaction score
Hey

Hey, how can i make trigger like this... Make a unit name, Name of Player.

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Please do not revive old threads.. This thread is 3 years old... Please read the forum rules, and create a new thread for your own problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.