How To Change a Unit's Vertex Colouring to Original?

Fluffball

Reaction score
I have a trigger, that will create an effect above a unit, but I want the effect and the unit to be green, the only problem I have is, that I want to set that units colours back to their original state, without massive amounts of If/Then/Elses for each unit, anyone know how to set it back? Thanks already.

Code:
Corrupted LightBuff
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set TempUGroup = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Triggering unit) has buff Acid Bomb) Equal to True))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempUGroup and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Starfall\StarfallCaster.mdl
                Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s vertex coloring to (0.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
                Wait until (((Picked unit) has buff Acid Bomb) Equal to True), checking every 0.10 seconds
                Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
Wait and Set don't mix...

make another trigger which checks to see if units have acid bomb and what not.

Fluffball

Reaction score
What do you mean? This should be fine (MUI) because in rare cases, you can use waits and have the spell being MUI.

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
oh.. didnt see.. anyway. make it check to see if they have the buff in a constantly on periodic trigger and set their coloring like that.

Code:
(((Picked unit) has buff Acid Bomb) Equal to True),

shouldn't that be false?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> you can use waits and have the spell being MUI

It depends on situation. Yours isn't MUI. It might not even work. Waits do not work inside Unit Group, Player Group loops.

Fluffball

Reaction score
> you can use waits and have the spell being MUI

It depends on situation. Yours isn't MUI. It might not even work. Waits do not work inside Unit Group, Player Group loops.

Hmmm, I will fix, though I just want to see if you can set it back to the original vertex colourings? Any ideas?, I: think there is Real - Red Colour of Lightning and stuff, but what about units?

Fluffball

Reaction score
Yes, I can make a periodic trigger, but what if I set the unit's tint to red in the object editor? Then it will make it a normal unit without the tint won't it?

Also, how do I remove a special effect ON a unit?

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
There's no simple way to get a unit's default vertex colouring - you could store the values manually in arrays, sorted by unit-type e.g.
Code:
Set Type[1] = Footman
Set R[1] = 255
Set G[1] = 255
Set B[1] = 255
set A[1] = 255
---I forget whether GUI goes by 1-255 or 1-100 for RGB---
Set Type[2] = Some Shady Unit
Set R[2] = 50
Set G[2] = 40
Set B[2] = 75
Set A[2] = 100
---etc---
Then loop through the Type array and if your unit matches the Type, set it's RGB values to the particular value i.e.
Code:
For every integer A from 1 to TotalTypes do actions:
  If - Conditions
     Unit-type of (your unit) equal to Type[Integer A]
  Then - Actions
     Set vertex colouring for (your unit) to (R[Integer A], G[Integer A], B[Integer A], A[Integer A])

But that's insanely long and drawn out, especially with alot of unit-types

Also, how do I remove a special effect ON a unit?
Same way as you would do with any other special effect - Destroy Effect (or do you mean detach the effect from the unit but leave it in existence?)

Fluffball

Reaction score
I don't want to detach it, but I want it to be MUI, but I guess I can make it MUI, using your guide. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.