How to create a Spell like Berserker's Call in DotA?

joohen

Reaction score
I would like to know how to create Berserker's Call ability. It is a spell is similiar to Taunt but it is not. It forces the units around the hero to hit him and it disables the unit to take other orders except attacking the hero for a certain time and the unit will be freed. Sorry for my poor english. And... i had already tried the serarch button, but all the tutorials or the skill trigger is in JASS, so i don't understand a thing. T-T GUI preferred.

RaiJin

Reaction score
I would like to know how to create Berserker's Call ability. It is a spell is similiar to Taunt but it is not. It forces the units around the hero to hit him and it disables the unit to take other orders except attacking the hero for a certain time and the unit will be freed. Sorry for my poor english.

when the trigger first runs, store all the units in a group, then run a timer every .. oh lets say 0.5 seconds and pick every unit in that group and order them to attack the hero

joohen

Reaction score
when the trigger first runs, store all the units in a group, then run a timer every .. oh lets say 0.5 seconds and pick every unit in that group and order them to attack the hero

If i store all the units in a group, then pick every unit in that group and attack him, his allies will also attack him too.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Set your unit group in this way.

Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Set TempGroup = (Units within 300.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is Mechanical) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)

Of course this trigger leaks. Just an example.

Archideas

Reaction score
But if it's like every .5 second, won't someone be able to cast a spell during that time? Just asking cuz I don't know. xP

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
or make a trigger to force the units to continue attacking the taunter if ordered otherwise.

Kikac_NNGK

Reaction score
Wouldn't be nice if when the unit starts the ability, make a dummy that casts Silence with same duration as the duration of berserker's call

Rainther

Reaction score
That'd remove the panic you get from realizing that your abilities can't be cast.

Now what's the fun in that? ;D

And the solution aint waterproof since it allows you to use items if I'm not mistaken.

Rainther

Reaction score
Are you talking about my method? You'd have to use 3 events: Unit is ordered a point, Unit is ordered an object, Unit is ordered without a target and a condition that checks if these people have the buff on themselves. The action would be to instead force them to attack the taunter.

joohen

Reaction score
errr.... is the condition called

((Triggering Unit) has Buff Taunt Buff) Equal to True

Rainther

Reaction score
Umm... :p will you have more then one hero with this ability? If "yes" it'd make it easier.

The function is anyhow something like this:
Trigger:
  • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack Taunter

joohen

Reaction score
i create a AI and "he" used the ability, my unit was ordered to attack AI but i can still order my hero not to hit him or run away. What i want is, you can't order the taunted guys to do whatever he wants but to attack the super Taunter. Maybe my first question was misunderstood due to my poor english.:p

Rainther

Reaction score
This is exactly what I'm trying to do. The trigger is supposed to order the unit to continue attacking the tauntern when told otherwise.

Did you add the events?

joohen

Reaction score
yes.... maybe you can type the trigger out for me to see.....Sorry to trouble you...:eek:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.