How to darken the screen while in a zone?

Effane

Save/Load Code Tutorial
Reaction score
I am back to working on the RPG pretty heavily after side projected for a couple days.

Now I want to make the player screen darker for just one player at anytime they enter a dungeon. This is to make it feel like the player is actually in a dungeon as opposed to these daylight lit outdoors that seem to pervade WC3.

I am not all that great with Cinematics and Special Effects, but I imagine thats the road to go down, but how will it affect multiple players?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
so you mean to reduce a unit's vision while in a dungeon? acehart came up with a nice solution...add the ability that increases a unit's vision (forgot how its called...ultravision?) to the specific player's hero and then remove it when he enters the dungeon.

Effane

Save/Load Code Tutorial
Reaction score
Thats a good one, but it will still leave a small section bright as day. I was hoping I could activate a filter and leave it going the entire time they were in the dungeon or something like that.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
oh...then i probably misunderstood. you want the whole screen to be darker, like a shadow over it?
that would be one fade filter...however it was discussed before that you can't see the tooltips when a fade filter is on. so i guess there is, sadly, no other way.

H

herra-sika

make your units vision to 200 so its really small (some times you even dont see your unit :D )

Reaction score
> make your units vision to 200 so its really small (some times you even dont see your unit
That wasn't the thing he asked, and I doupt he wouldn't had figured it on his own. And I can't think of anything else than making a fade filter OR making a large transparent unit with dark coloring.

Ben

Reaction score
Apply a 0,0,0 45 fade filter
show on entrance to dungeon
hide on exit,

Ben

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.