How to fix import image ? pls help..

shady

Reaction score
What i have to do to import image icons....

i try to do this way ----> " Standard buttons have a frame around them. ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNLightning.tga ( see sample3 )

Passive buttons have no frame. ReplaceableTextures\PassiveButtons\PASBTNLightning.tga

Disabled buttons have no frame and are much darker. ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNLightning.tga ( see sample4 )

Disabled passive buttons are the same. ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISPASBTNLightning.tga
" always shows green icon.... Made icons in right way " Also make sure your icons are 24-bit ", also i try other way.... to open and make blp file to tga (24 bit)( see sample5 ) and then to import to WE and if it's not research or normal ( on the right lvl ---> Hero level 1 ; skill request lvl 6 ( ulti ) ( see sample1,2 ), i get the stupid green icon...

I import icon files to Abilities in WE, Mountain King Ability Avatar ( named Grow by me also remaked to be updated 3 times ) ( see sample6 )

Then, what should i do to make icons work :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Attachments

• sample1.jpg
    sample1.jpg
    715.4 KB · Views: 237
  • sample2.jpg
    sample2.jpg
    615.9 KB · Views: 208
  • sample3.JPG
    sample3.JPG
    242.2 KB · Views: 223
  • sample4.JPG
    sample4.JPG
    238.7 KB · Views: 211
  • sample5.JPG
    sample5.JPG
    227.8 KB · Views: 235
  • sample6.JPG
    sample6.JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 265

rafaxik

Reaction score
I guess you commited a mistake:
The file you're importing MUST be called BTNYourfile.blp our BTNYourfile.tga for Buttons Normal. You named them with a underline BTN_Yourfile.tga

Remove the underlines that preceeds the name of the ability.

Do the same to DISBTN and PASBTN.
No underlines before the ability name (although it's the name of the file, it's only possible mistake I ssee)

EDITSorry, I didn't see the last two images... I'll think wut could it be so

Lifee

Reaction score
My Icons Don't Work

If you get a green box or a black box where your icon should be, it appears your graphic isn't properly working.

Firstly, make sure your import path is correct, typically most problems that occur are because the person has not imported the icons into the correct path.

If you decided not to use a DISBTN icon, that the green box you are seeing is NOT the DISBTN, because that is expected.

If that is not the case, make sure you have merged your icon properly onto the graphic and that there are no "floating" images in it. Consult your picture editing program help guide on how to do this.

Did you save the alpha channels right? You SHOULD NOT save alpha channels if you are using TGA icons. You SHOULD save alpha channels if you are using BLP format.

Green: Icon not found.
Black: BLP with without alpha channels.
Crash: TGA with saved alpha channels.

Tutorial here : http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/icons.php

shady

Reaction score
My Icons Don't Work

If you get a green box or a black box where your icon should be, it appears your graphic isn't properly working.

Firstly, make sure your import path is correct, typically most problems that occur are because the person has not imported the icons into the correct path.

If you decided not to use a DISBTN icon, that the green box you are seeing is NOT the DISBTN, because that is expected.

If that is not the case, make sure you have merged your icon properly onto the graphic and that there are no "floating" images in it. Consult your picture editing program help guide on how to do this.

Did you save the alpha channels right? You SHOULD NOT save alpha channels if you are using TGA icons. You SHOULD save alpha channels if you are using BLP format.

Green: Icon not found.
Black: BLP with without alpha channels.
Crash: TGA with saved alpha channels.

Tutorial here : http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/icons.php

Dude don't you read what i write....!! i do the same thinks in the link but don't WORK!!

Any other ideas ?!

Sui-cookie

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Um, instead of going through all of the trouble (because personally, i think it's the image just being a bitch) just make the icon yourself using the image
Button manager

since your image isn't working right, use a "save image as" duplicate of it, and use that image to make an icon.
It'd be like making it all over again. Just, really easy.
Just try it, and if it works, than it was the icon. If not, it's probably some importing fail. :/

shady

Reaction score
Um, instead of going through all of the trouble (because personally, i think it's the image just being a bitch) just make the icon yourself using the image
Button manager

since your image isn't working right, use a "save image as" duplicate of it, and use that image to make an icon.
It'd be like making it all over again. Just, really easy.
Just try it, and if it works, than it was the icon. If not, it's probably some importing fail. :/

:thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup: 10x it works good :)
( see sample1,2,3 ) thx again :):thup::thup::D:D

Attachments

• sample1.jpg
    sample1.jpg
    729.3 KB · Views: 239
  • sample2.jpg
    sample2.jpg
    716.6 KB · Views: 192
  • sample3.jpg
    sample3.jpg
    672.7 KB · Views: 221
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.