How to increase a heroes line of sight with a spell (trigger) ?

obucke

Reaction score
How do i make a spell that will increase the heros line of sight with each lvl ? Passive , like the 1 in dota ( sniper has it ).

obucke

Reaction score
k but heres the thing , i want 1 hero to have 2 abilities, both passive:
1: Monkey agility - evasion and attack speed bonus( agian , dono how to combine those 2...)
2: Wild instincts - Ms increase and sight range increased
how do i make that happen ...? plz help

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Read the spellbooks tutorial, it will help you.

It may sound off but trust me..

obucke

Reaction score
i know what ure thinking, make 2 spellbooks and put 2spells in each ... but thats not what i want to do ... i want 1 spell to have both those things ( well each spell anyway ... ) :)

EDIT: Ultra vision aint gonna work .. it doesnt hav any values that i can change and its only to make a unit see in the night as far as in the day.

denmax

Reaction score
NO I was not thinking learning the spellbook itself, but you want one skill then I dun' know other than the spellbook thing.

You can add a spellbook to it and disable the spellbook ability. Disabling the spellbook does make it's icon invisible, but the passive abilities still active.

To undestand more, just read the tut =P..

obucke

Reaction score
didnt know that ... thx :) but still 1 more question how to increase units sight range ... via passive spell

denmax

Reaction score
Sight as in Acquisition? Range of attack? or visiblity?

I think there is no way to change the visibility sight range >.<

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
there is a way, you need to increase the units sight range by using upgrades. Create an upgrade for the unit that gives an 'sight range bonus'. Then add that upgrade in the unit editor to the unit you want to use it, under something like 'upgrades used'.

What you need to do next is create a trigger so that every time the unit levels or levels the ability, it increases the research level of that upgrade by 1 (for the player who owns the unit). What will happen then is the upgrade level will be applied to the unit (if you set the upgrade to a ranged upgrade then u will see a little number next to its damage type) and its range will be increased. The only problem with using this method is that you can't unresearch techs, so once the range is increased it will stay increased. I don't think this will be a problem with what you are using it for.

(it only becomes a problem when people want to use it for items, eg. - a unit has a pistol and it gets a sniper, so the upgrade is applied and the range is increased. Then the unit drops the sniper and picks up the pistol again, but the tech cant be decreased in level so the range stays higher.)

If you can manage to figure out how to do this, then when it comes to your other ability you will just have to follow the same procedure.

F

foksieloy

Shouldn't it be possible to have two upgrade techs, one that increases visible range, other that decreases it (increases it negativly)?

And then simply increase the level in one when you want the unit to see further, then the other when you want it to see normal.

MurderMode

Reaction score
Shouldn't it be possible to have two upgrade techs, one that increases visible range, other that decreases it (increases it negativly)?

And then simply increase the level in one when you want the unit to see further, then the other when you want it to see normal.

I've thought it may be possible, yes, but have never tried it. I've read people having problems with it tho. I mean you would need to have the tech levels going over 1000 just to make sure that people playing dont pick up and drop the item so many times that the upgrades cancel each other out. (considering that every time it increases or decreases it means the level of the tech must have gone up).

But that doesn't matter, what he wants it for is an ability and abilities rarely go down in a game... so it will remain a set thing.

obucke

Reaction score
K thats a gr8 idea but ... what upgrade do i use as base ? I mean , i tried Long rifles but that only works as attack range but i need sight range.

MurderMode

Reaction score
create a new one... just copy and paste any one of the upgrades, set all of the 'data - effects' to 'none' and that will make your upgrade do nothing. Then just reset the 'data - effect 1' to 'sight range bonus' (its near the bottom of the the list). Once you have done that new options will become available, one saying 'base' and the other saying 'increment'. Base im pretty sure is just the first level of sight increase, and the increment is how much is added each level after (I don't think the increment amounts compound with the base, they just add it on to the total). So I'm pretty damn sure that if you set both base and increment to the same number, it will constantly increase the sight range by that amount. Set the amount of levels to the amount of levels of your ability, then fill in all the other info to suit the ability and then all you need to do is activate it through triggers.

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
If you want the Evasion and attack damage bonus make a spell based off of critical strike (trust me). Critical Strike has an evasion and damage bonus box in it that is checkable.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.