HOW to make an attack that can't miss

Skippy

Reaction score
now, the only problem i can see is the following. critical strike and poison might not be used at once because both seem to be "orb" abilitys. i might be wrong but maybe i am not.
That's what I think. "Never miss" from Critical and slow poison won't work together.

Reaction score
Critical strike and orbs won't work together ONLY if critical strike procs. So, if like people say never miss applies even just having the skill, just set the chance for critical strike to proc to 0%....

mapguy

Reaction score
so IF I put chance of critical to 0% but I set to never miss, I wont have two orbs and my attacks wont miss?
right?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
so IF I put chance of critical to 0% but I set to never miss, I wont have two orbs and my attacks wont miss?
right?

no - under no circumstances will you get 2 orbs out of 1 attack, you get either the crit if it procs, else the poison, I would suggest triggering the poison with a damage-detection system perhaps? or making the poison attack be based off of an ability like searing arrows, and then whenever "a unit is attacked" and has searing arrows, order it to be cast, and then have a dummy cast poison then?

mapguy

Reaction score
no - under no circumstances will you get 2 orbs out of 1 attack, you get either the crit if it procs, else the poison, I would suggest triggering the poison with a damage-detection system perhaps? or making the poison attack be based off of an ability like searing arrows, and then whenever "a unit is attacked" and has searing arrows, order it to be cast, and then have a dummy cast poison then?

I'm not good with damage detection, I prefer using buffplaces + periodic trigger checks

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
[...]

my suggestion:
instead of slow poison use the acid bomb of the goblin alchemist and order your dummy to use it at the target. it never misses and shows a missle. (only problem i can possibly think of would be spell shield, but then the skill of your hero wouldnt work at all would it?)

i will only quote myself.

mapguy

Reaction score
OK, LETS ONLY ANSWER THE PRINCIPAL QUESTION!

how to make an attack that never miss?

I DONT WANT SUJESTION FOR THIS SPECIFIC MAGIC, IT'S JUST AN EXAMPLE, I REALLY WANT TO KNOW HOW TO MAKE AN NON-ORB UNMISSABLE ATTACK!

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Trigger evasion and miss. Check system called UnitProperties in hiveworkshop.com

mapguy

Reaction score
so Can't I just deactive evasion for a micro second when I want to make an attack unmissable?

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
If you trigger evasion and miss, you naturally can.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
you can deactivate it but then it wont just be for a single attack but for anybody attacking the same target at once.

but you might try what i suggested, using critical strike you have 100% hit chance and trigger the poison/whatever effect instead. should be easier.

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
you can deactivate it but then it wont just be for a single attack but for anybody attacking the same target at once.

but you might try what i suggested, using critical strike you have 100% hit chance and trigger the poison/whatever effect instead. should be easier.

Read the forum rules. Dont double post. :p

Just kidding with you.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i didnt recognize. as you might see the first and second post had the same content, probably i pressed the apply button twice. thank you mate.

Reaction score
OK, LETS ONLY ANSWER THE PRINCIPAL QUESTION!

how to make an attack that never miss?

I DONT WANT SUJESTION FOR THIS SPECIFIC MAGIC, IT'S JUST AN EXAMPLE, I REALLY WANT TO KNOW HOW TO MAKE AN NON-ORB UNMISSABLE ATTACK!

Critical Strike with 100% chance to proc, 0x multiplier and never miss set to true. Won't break channeling, never misses and won't show the red text from crits BUT won't let the unit have other orb effects. Not sure how it will interact with other crits/bashes or such abilities.

Tested just now vs 100% evasion and 100% curse.

EDIT:: I guess technically this isn't a solution, since you asked for non-orb, but if you really wanted a non-orb solution, the best way is to trigger everything crits/evades etc.

mapguy

Reaction score
Critical Strike with 100% chance to proc, 0x multiplier and never miss set to true. Won't break channeling, never misses and won't show the red text from crits BUT won't let the unit have other orb effects. Not sure how it will interact with other crits/bashes or such abilities.

Tested just now vs 100% evasion and 100% curse.

EDIT:: I guess technically this isn't a solution, since you asked for non-orb, but if you really wanted a non-orb solution, the best way is to trigger everything crits/evades etc.

GOD DAMN IT!

I think I really have to trigger it...

but I have one question.
The chance to evade happens when:
- the unit starts the attack.
- the missile of the attack is launched.
- or when the attack hits the enemy?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.