HOW to make an attack that can't miss

Bankde

Reaction score
That vid is win.

If critical strike is orb effect, why does lifesteal work? That's what I never understood. Is lifesteal an exception to critical strike?

In fact, buff placer skills (like Frost arrow) don't work but lifesteal isn't buff placer so it work. That's why there is an option to turn "Ability to never miss" off from the MKB.

It seems to be the most stupid things I have ever test in my life:
Storm Bolt ability: Stun duration 0 = stun infinity
Bash ability : Stun duration 0 = nothing
...From real testing.

There are 2 possible way to make ability to never miss:
1. Bash ability set stun duration to 0.
2. Critical Strike ability set damage multiplier to 0. (0 will make dmg without showing red text)

I've seen this thread for a very long time and I think it is time to close it.
There are so many rumor happen in this thread, too. That make this thread very bad for beginner to read.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Bottomline is that Never Missing Attacks is simply a unit with a skill based off critical strike (Not Bash!) with 100% chance and damage multiplier of 0 and the boolean Never Miss is checked. Thats all folks :p

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Sounds silly but did you try a negative (positive?) Curse? You can run a periodic event to recast the spell every 10 minutes, which i believe is the max spell duration.

Bankde

Reaction score
Bottomline is that Never Missing Attacks is simply a unit with a skill based off critical strike (Not Bash!) with 100% chance and damage multiplier of 0 and the boolean Never Miss is checked. Thats all folks :p

Unfortunately it isn't folks. I've test it with other unit without critical strike. I set evasion of attacked unit to 100%. While other unit attack miss, unit with critical strike (also with boolean never miss checked and dmg multiplier 0 and 100%) attack doesn't miss.

Please stop making other people confuse. It is real not rumor.

View attachment help.bmp

...From real testing again.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
critical strike does work i use it in one of my maps, in fact i am used it in plenty of maps already working perfectly fine.

illidan92

Reaction score
Use bash with a .01 second stun and a buff with no "stun" art.

Edit: Or remove their evasion spell, attack them, and re-add it.

Bankde

Reaction score
As I said, this skill make so easy that just changing 2-3 data in object editor. Dota Creators may laugh when they see this forum talking about trigger. In my idea, dota doesn't make "Ability never miss" from stun because that item already has another mini-stun skill so Dota use critical strike.

View attachment help.bmp

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.