How to make cooler fighting cinematics(abilities)

Slime

Reaction score
Hello! Im making a cinematic for a school project and i just learned the basics for cinematics ( cameras,enviroment, some triggers etc) and what is a cinematic without a cool fight ?! I know how to make units attack eachother, but if 2 heroes just stand and hit eachother it will be kinda lame. That's why im in need of some cool tips for how to spice up the fight scenes.

some things i would want to know:

1. How do i make heroes use spells in cinematics?

2. Is there any way i can make units fly/jump up in the air or something like that? i watched a fighting cinematic on youtube and somehow he managed to make the dwarf hero jump over the other hero?

If you got any other tips of making fighting/battle cinematics cooler and more alive, please don't hesitate to tell me :D

and btw ! Im using WE not JASS !

Lifee

Reaction score
Well i got an idea : Make the 1 unit speak to the other and they to be in about 600-700 range,then play unit's cast cinematic and make special effect to the other unit and it will looks like the first unit cast a meteor or lightning to the other or just make an ability with meteor or lightning effect,add to the first unit and order him to cast it by trigger.

Slime

Reaction score
Ok but the last part of your post is what im kinda having trouble with, how do i make a hero/unit cast a spell by using triggers ?
Do i need to make a trigger for the unit to "gain the ability" first then ater that is there some trigger to actually cast the ability?

lets say something like this:

Event
Time is 5 sec
Condition
Action
unit casts <ability> on unit

something liek that ?

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
nah, just give a unit an ability, use this
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Map Cinematic
    • Conditions
    • Actions
    • Order (Specific Unit) to (Your Base Spell ID, Most likely meteor) position of (specific unit)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.