How to make files way smaller :).

BrokenX

Reaction score
Okay, does anybody know how to make a 2.4mb .mp3 sound file way smaller? :).
what file format, and what else can I do.

BrokenX

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Nope. Stupid Warcraft doesn't take midis, which are an (amazing) 30-50 KB as opposed to the 1-2mb mp3s.

Demonfaze

8 yrs. Hell, it's been a long time.
Reaction score
Which is why I suggest no songs should be used unless its a cinematic...It's just that it in a normal game since people wouldn't be paying enough attention to it to be worth its filesize.

-Demonfaze

T

ThE-eNiGmA

why cant you play a simple song as a wav? I wanted to import a wc2 song...only nobody out there converted it to mp3 or wav. The only person who did...is in china, and you cant dl off his site...$@#!

T

ThE-eNiGmA

I know they are huge, but i was just saying if it were small enough...I guess Mp3s are still smaller. What if the song was midi quality, mp3 format?

T

ThE-eNiGmA

I have the Wc2 song as .bin, whatever that is. Anybody know how to convert that?

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
.bins are like Cabinet files or .zips, since they store the actual file inside that folder. You need a bin opener, just google it.

BrokenX

Reaction score
Actually I have a music editing program called "Adobe Audition" and it compressed my file to 4.45mb to 1.1mb so... I feel that is pretty good.

BrokenX

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
I've advertised my "switch" program a few times in these forums, you never saw any of my plugs?

1) its free

2) it does what you want it to do

3) I made it, so its a pretty awesome program :)

www.nch.com.au/switch

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.