How to make Raven build Missile Turret???

Mr.Kook

Reaction score
As you know,Raven has one ability is "Build Auto-Turret" that it can release Auto-turret...but now i want "it" releases Missile turret,so what can i do? i had spent 5 hours but:banghead::banghead:

yeah...i also want "it" releases siege tank too:p

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
EDIT:
I completely misunderstood your entire question and made a completely irrelevant answer. I will edit my post again soon with a new answer for you.

New answer:
First of all, do you want the Build Auto-Turret to spawn a missile turret and a siege tank? Or just missile turret?

Let's assume you just want a missile turret. You want to go into the data editor and change the data type drop-down menu to "Effects".

Find the effect called "Raven - Auto Turret Release" and change the field called "Unit - Spawn Unit" to Missile Turret.

If you want to spawn a siege tank and a missile turret, you probably want to make the auto-turret ability use a Set effect containing two Create unit effects instead of one. This is a bit more complicated. If this is what you want, tell me and I'll explain how to do it.

Old answer:
Edit note: I thought you were asking how to make the raven cast "Build auto turret" and how to make the tank siege.

You probably want to trigger this. You want the action called "Issue order". Use an order targeting a point and select the Build auto-turret ability. (To make the siege tank siege, use an order with no target and select the Siege mode ability)

I will assume from your post that you don't know how to do this. The rest of this post is if you don't know.

Triggers is basically what you use to make stuff happen. If you've played a custom game on battle.net, there's probably been a lot of triggers in it. They can do a lot of stuff from creating units to making fancy UI.

I wont introduce you to triggers because that requires a long post and there are already some nice tutorials on it to be found. I will however tell you some things you need to think of.

Now, we can tell the raven to make an auto turret, but it wont automatically know where you want it. Do you want it in the top-left corner? Bottom-right? Somewhere else entirely? Maybe you want it to build it below the raven. What if there's a unit there that is blocking the auto-turret?

There are some other things to consider, when do you want it to cast an auto-turret? When do we want the tank to siege? If you want it to happen when the map starts, use the event "Map initialization".

If you can't find a good introduction to triggers, tell me and I'll see what I can find.

Mr.Kook

Reaction score
wow....i feel i can learn alots from your new and old answer...thank you very much!:thup:

Mr.Kook

Reaction score
oh! now this is a big problem...i want to create a custom ability based on "Build Auto-Turret" called "Build Missile Turret" (that mean build Missile Turret by "Build Auto-Turret" style)

but too many links,actors to effects,button to unit,effects to behaviors........custom all of them is a big problem,make me feel dizzy like hell!

6108101900_92a544e26b_b.jpg

Siretu

Reaction score
The only thing you really have to copy(except buttons and such) is the "Raven - Auto turret release". Copy it and link your custom ability's "Effect - Effect" to your copied version of "Raven - Auto turret release". Change the "Unit - Spawn Unit" in it and you should be good to go.

Mr.Kook

Reaction score
what a short way,very useful,thanks again! i did it by myself yesterday,beside custom "spawn unit",i must custom "button" and "time life",so i must custom all......i really did it:thup:!

if you don't mind,can you help me again?! i'm making a tower defend map,i don't know what to do,because there are many type of zergs to kill,they spawn from many side,kill any type of zerg will be recieved a number of mineral...........like this

If you kill zergling,your mineral will be added 1 mineral
if you kill drone,your mineral will be added 2 mineral

celerisk

When Zerg floweth, life is good
Reaction score
Units come with "combat - kill resource", which determines how much of a resource and which resource in particular the killing player gets.

Mr.Kook

Reaction score
oh thanks,i did it again! Don't mind again:D?this is the final question

Event
Unit - Last Created Unit enters "Gone!"

Action
Unit - Remove (Triggering Unit) from the game

so my next action will be...the raven will lose health if one zerg enter "Gone!" region (example: a zergling enters "Gone!" region and he disappear,Raven loses 1 health)

(oh..i have created a big health "boss bar" for Raven to make my map more colorful:p)

Siretu

Reaction score
You want to modify unit property. A unit has several properties like Shield, life, energy, etc.

You want the action called "Set Unit Property". Change the unit to your raven. Change the amount to Arithmetic. Value 1 should be "Unit property". and then - 1.

Mr.Kook

Reaction score
You want to modify unit property. A unit has several properties like Shield, life, energy, etc.

You want the action called "Set Unit Property". Change the unit to your raven. Change the amount to Arithmetic. Value 1 should be "Unit property". and then - 1.

thanks,i did it,wish give you and celerisk a big hug and too!:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.