How to make unit become stronger everytime hero is lvl up

Yamuraiha

Reaction score
Each player have only one unit and one hero. How to make the unit become stronger base on hero's level. I tried to do it like this: I make a lot of custom normal abilities for the unit (the unit have around 35 abilities for each kind of unit), then I disable all of them at the beginning of the game. I tried to make a trigger that when hero reaches a specific level, it will disable the weak ability and enable the strong ability for that player. But the problem is I couldn't find the event "Hero reach level". So if someone have another way to make unit become stronger everytime hero is lvl up, please help me! EDIT: the unit is bought during the game, so I couldn't use the event : A unit gain a level.

rogers

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
It's under "Unit - Generic Unit Event".
Trigger:
  • Events
    • A unit Gains a level

You'll probably need a condition to check the level. You can use an integer comparison for that.

Maybe something like this:
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Gains a level

Trigger:
  • Conditions
    • (Level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 10

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Just use periodic trigger to check every second (or two) the level of hero. And level accordingly. The slight delay won't be noticeable. And it will not drain your computer resources despite the periodic trigger is run throughout the game.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Just use periodic trigger to check every second (or two) the level of hero. And level accordingly. The slight delay won't be noticeable. And it will not drain your computer resources despite the periodic trigger is run throughout the game.
Why not just do what rogers posted above? There is nothing wrong with disabling/enabling the abilities as the hero levels up.

Yamuraiha

Reaction score
I thought about rogers' idea, but if the unit is bought after the hero gets to lvl 10 (for example a player buys unit at lvl 12), then from lvl 12 to 13, the unit is just a extremly weak one - the one you buy when you are at lvl 1 :D.

Yamuraiha

Reaction score
oh no, I misunderstood the trigger, if I enable an ability for a player, the unit will have the strong ability whenever it is bought :p. Besides, how could I make the trigger so that it will work for all player (my way to make unit stronger is enable/disable abilities) @@. There're about 350 abilities for a player (there are many kinds of unit and players can chose one among them) and I think I will get mad if I need to make a trigger like that for 10 players :).

rogers

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're looking for, but it sounds like your next best choice is to add the summoned unit ability to your heroes and change the unit to the type you want, and add the levels to however many levels you need. Even with that you'll have to create a unit for each level, but at least as they get the new ability it'll give them a stronger unit.

Yamuraiha

Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're looking for, but it sounds like your next best choice is to add the summoned unit ability to your heroes and change the unit to the type you want, and add the levels to however many levels you need. Even with that you'll have to create a unit for each level, but at least as they get the new ability it'll give them a stronger unit.

ah I don't want to creat a summon unit, what I wanna creat is a pet which get stronger together with player's hero.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.