how to modify LoadingScreen.mdx ?

huanAk

Reaction score
Hi,

I have read and understand how to create custom loading screen by import .BLP picture.

but, I don't really like the loading process on LoadingScreen.mdx. are there any other version of LoadingScreen.mdx or how hard to create a custom version od .mdx ?

here is what I want for my loading screen:

- inside world-editor, there are 3 option for loading sceen: defualt, campaign and custom
- I like "default' loading screen, because it display every player's loading process
- I like "campaign" because it allow me to enter text from world-editor, which will display on loading screen.

so I want a custom screen that :
- show every player's loading process
- allow me to enter text from world-editor without modified .blp for every version.

is it possible ?

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Im NOT sure this will work.

Import your .mdl file.

Go to "Advanced" in the World Editor window top. Chose "Game Interface..."

Now look under "Model" and change the "Model - Loading Melee Background" to your .mdl file.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Maybe you could try modifying the base loading screen. If there is one.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score

i would agree except many maps have custom loading screens that work even with people that download them, im pretty sure solu9s solution would work, or something like it

huanAk

Reaction score
what do "change the "Model - Loading Melee Background" do ?

- it allow enter text from world-editor, which will display on loading screen ?
- it show every player's loading process ?

Solu9

Reaction score
Okay here is what I found.... on GOOGLE ;)

A loading screen that shows the loading progress for all players

Requires:
IrfanView
Warcraft 3 Viewer
The picture you want to use

A lot of people asked for something like this so here's finally a tutorial that explains it. Basically its all about replacing the original melee loading screen textures from the MPQ with your own, the similar way we do it when skinning models. Also take note that this loading screen must contain your minimap image so you should pick a good picture that will fit correctly with it (usually people put most of this loading screen in one color - white for example to match their minimap image background).
The process itself is similar to the above high quality screen since this one is also a 1024x768 picture split intro 4 parts with the same sizes like above.
Once again pick your picture and open IrfanView. You need to crop the picture again using selections intro four parts: . For more info about this, please read the above high quality tutorial since its mainly the same thing. Also take note that the minimap and the loading bars for every player are taking a special position so you might want to edit your picture a bit. To see the original 4 pictures simply open Warcraft 3 Viewer, go to File -> Open MPQ, locate war3.mpq in your warcraft directory and check BLP in the Treeview window on the right. Now find the path UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer and check out the textures in it. Every race has its own right-side pictures, but they all share the 2 left - Loading-BotLeft.blp and Loading-TopLeft.blp. Once you've created and saved all 4 parts close IrfanView.
Now open WE, press F12 to open the Import Manager and import all 4 parts. Now change their paths this way:
UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer\Loading-BotLeft.blp - for your bottom left picture
UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer\Loading-TopLeft.blp - for your top left picture
UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer\Loading-Random-BotRight.blp - for your bottom right picture
UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer\Loading-Random-TopRight.blp - for your top right picture
Note: if your map only uses one race, then you should change "Random" in the above 2 filenames to that race's name (Human, Orc, NightElf or Undead - for example Loading-Orc-BotRight.blp). If your map is melee or has its races pickable, then continue reading on how to fix that.
To make your game use only one loading screen for all races, do this:
-Open Warcraft 3 Viewer.
-Open war3.mpq if you haven't already.
-On the right Treeview window choose MDX and find UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer and right click on Load-Multiplayer-Random.mdx and then on Extract MDX. Remember where you saved it and close the Viewer.
-Open WE and press F12 to open the Import Manager once again. Now import the newly exported MDX in it 4 times and start changing paths (since they are all the same, the order isn't important, but make sure they all have a different path):
UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer\Load-Multiplayer-Human.mdx
UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer\Load-Multiplayer-Orc.mdx
UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer\Load-Multiplayer-NightElf.mdx
UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer\Load-Multiplayer-Undead.mdx
This will replace the default loading file MDX for each race thus making it use the same textures as Random. Now just save your map and test it.

For more information check out this link:
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=36757

huanAk

Reaction score
to Solu9 :

I read this and used it before. but I am not happy with this default .mdx because
- I want to remove mini map on loading screen
- I want to enter text from world-editor and it display on loading screen (base on "campaign" loading screen)
- the default picture on melee map is urgly, so I want change the .blp link to "Orc - Final compaign" (without import my own picture)

Solu9

Reaction score
to Solu9 :

I read this and used it before. but I am not happy with this default .mdx because
- I want to remove mini map on loading screen
- I want to enter text from world-editor and it display on loading screen (base on "campaign" loading screen)
- the default picture on melee map is urgly, so I want change the .blp link to "Orc - Final compaign" (without import my own picture)
....... ..... ...... .......

I dont know about the mini map. But really....
If you want a custom text, then copy your loading background into... Paint? Write your text and import it again as your custom loading background?....

And for the "Orc - Final Campaign" picture.... no idea, you can probably use either one of the programs required for the change of loading background... but like I said, got no clue to how.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
there is a way to replace the minimap with a picture, not sure how its done but it is possible

huanAk

Reaction score

I try export the base loading screen mdx from melee map (the one with player's loading process).

Then convert to .mdl, change the path for all .blp image to better picture(picture from campaign loading screen), then convert back to .mdx

after import the modifed .mdx. it do show the new picture, but loading process for all player is gone :(

I think .. if you import loading screen .mdx, then loading process for all player will gone ?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.