how to: post triggers + Need help with camera involved trigger

HeChaoz

Reaction score
Hi all,

I got a problem and I cant figure it out alone, I want to share my problem with you so maybe I can get some help. But its a little complicated and I want to post the triggers, but I do not know how. The problem is this: my trigger does not triggers the else statement in a multiple if then else trigger.

HeChaoz

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
right click on trigger's name and press "copy as text", then paste it here and wrap it in a code tag

HeChaoz

Reaction score
I cant, I can only ''copy as text'' 1 part of the trigger at the time ;/ ...

___

Code:
Initialization
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters Region AAKS initia <gen>
    Conditions
        ((Triggering unit) is Able to attack flying units) Equal to True
        ((Triggering unit) is in (Units owned by Player 1 (Red))) Equal to True
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (All units of (Units in Region nelf area <gen> owned by Player 7 (Green)) are dead) Equal to True
                (Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to Player 7 (Green)
            Then - Actions
                Destructible - Open Demonic Gate (Horizontal) 0957 <gen>
                Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
            Else - Actions
                Camera - Apply Camera 004 <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 1.50 seconds
                Wait 1.50 seconds
                Camera - Apply Camera 005 <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 2.00 seconds
                Wait 2.00 seconds
                    If - Conditions
                        (Region nelf area <gen> contains (Target of Camera 005 <gen>)) Equal to True
                    Then - Actions
                        Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 1 (Red) emitting Visibility across Region nelf area <gen>
                        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Fonutriach 0000 <gen> named Fonutriach: Play No sound and display Perhaps I kill them....  Modify duration: Set to 2.00 seconds and Don't wait
                        Wait 2.00 seconds
                        Camera - Reset camera for Player 1 (Red) to standard game-view over 1.00 seconds
                        Visibility - Destroy (Last created visibility modifier)
                    Else - Actions

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
xD you copied all that 1 by 1?
you can copy all at the same time... right click on trigger's name above the "events" in the trigger code, in this case on "Initialization"
and wrap it in a code tag after you paste it, you can find it above it looks like this (#)

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
Set [noparse]
Code:
Text here
[/noparse] around that text.

Glaivesrit

Reaction score
I cant, I can only ''copy as text'' 1 part of the trigger at the time ;/ ...

___

Initialization
Events
Unit - A unit enters Region AAKS initia <gen>
Conditions
((Triggering unit) is Able to attack flying units) Equal to True
((Triggering unit) is in (Units owned by Player 1 (Red))) Equal to True
Actions
If - Conditions
(All units of (Units in Region nelf area <gen> owned by Player 7 (Green)) are dead) Equal to True
(Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to Player 7 (Green)
Then - Actions
Destructible - Open Demonic Gate (Horizontal) 0957 <gen>
Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
Else - Actions
Wait 1.50 seconds
Wait 2.00 seconds
If - Conditions
(Region nelf area <gen> contains (Target of Camera 005 <gen>)) Equal to True
Then - Actions
Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 1 (Red) emitting Visibility across Region nelf area <gen>
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Fonutriach 0000 <gen> named Fonutriach: Play No sound and display Perhaps I kill them.... Modify duration: Set to 2.00 seconds and Don't wait
Wait 2.00 seconds
Camera - Reset camera for Player 1 (Red) to standard game-view over 1.00 seconds
Else - Actions

You set it as a dying unit, whereas the trigger is a "unit enters region" so change that to triggering unit. I'll continue to check but that popped out at me

HeChaoz

Reaction score
I dont understand what you mean, perheps because I did not explaind the situation so well. here it is:

A gate is closed, near the gate is a region. to that region is a trigger related. it causes the camera to move to some nearby units who are suposed to be dead before you pass the gate. if the units are dead and you go to the region the ''else'' statement should activate what causes the gate to open. so the units who are suposed to be dead ar not the players units...

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Theres a trigger list were you select what trigger you want to edit... then you right click on your trigger (the one you want to copy) and press "Copy as text"

Glaivesrit

Reaction score
I may be reading what you want to do wrong, but couldn't you just combine the second "if/then/else" with the first "else" trigger? Ex.

Code:
  Else - Actions
                Wait 1.50 seconds
                Wait 2.00 seconds
                        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Fonutriach 0000 <gen> named Fonutriach: Play No sound and display Perhaps I kill them....  Modify duration: Set to 2.00 seconds and Don't wait
                        Wait 2.00 seconds

something like that, then just add "open the gate" What if/then/else is saying is, If the conditions are true, then do this action, or, if these conditions are not true, do this ELSE action. So if you want all the conditions to be true, having the else action work, then anyone could enter at any time (if that makes sense) just use a then action and put Do Nothing under the else

EDIT: unless the cinema is showing the remaining units left to kill, then ignore this..if you meant for the gate to just open up and nothing to happen then keep it the way it was before..this way was just to show how you could show the cinema and open teh gate in 1 function

HeChaoz

Reaction score
Great! I got it working, I changed the If Conditions into (huntress0001) is dead equal to true (and then with every single unit) and then it worked! Glaivesrit, thanks for your time and effords though, + rep ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.