HOW TO: Tides of Blood Hero Selection Screen?

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Apart from tinted water as a background, the rest would be really tedious imo

Take a look at Custom Window

Not really up to what's in the video, but it's a start.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
They use pictures and trackables. Both not easy to use tools.
Trackables especially since they have never really been finished by blizzard and are not best known for their usability and easy implementation.
if you are not a high level vJass user dont even try.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
if you are not a high level vJass user dont even try.

this is the only instance i have ever agreed with a statement like that unfortunately, im not sure if there is even a system that helps handle trackables in vJass, they are not fun to deal with

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
this is the only instance i have ever agreed with a statement like that unfortunately, im not sure if there is even a system that helps handle trackables in vJass, they are not fun to deal with

I can remember trackmaps 2 to be fairly useable. The map "Dungeon Crawler" was made using it. (was an awesome map to be honest and i rarely say that.)
But i never used it myself and i doubt it would make things too much easier.

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
but of course, if we were to exclude the mouse-over interaction and go by with mouse-click interaction alone, then it would be a lot easier to use a unit with relevant images/buttons as their model and use selection event instead :p

just another alternative if we wanna avoid messing with trackables

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
but of course, if we were to exclude the mouse-over interaction and go by with mouse-click interaction alone, then it would be a lot easier to use a unit with relevant images/buttons as their model and use selection event instead :p

just another alternative if we wanna avoid messing with trackables

It would still be a hell lot of work to place all models and pictures correctly, you would need to force the right camera angle as well.
To sum it up, it really isnt justified for a wc3 map to use something like that.
The effect is minimal, there are countless other maps which do very well without it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.