How to tint the map blue?

0WN3D

Reaction score
Okay Helpers... I have a Spell called Time Stop and i need to make it that during the duration of Time Stop, the whole map will be tinted Blue.. I tried using Big Bad Voodoo as a unit with blue tinting and 20 scale(MAX) to make the effect but it is not big enough... For those who play Dota, it is like Faceless Voif chronosphere size to the whole map where there is a layer of blue above every thing affected including the gorund

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
You could create blue fog when the spell begins, and remove the fog at the end of the duration.

0WN3D

Reaction score
Blue fog? You mean via enviroment action?
Done that but weird.. It only shows to the affected players not the casting...
I used
Trigger:
  • Environment - Create at (Playable map area) the weather effect Dungeon Blue Fog (Heavy)
    • Environment - Turn (Last created weather effect) On

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
When I tried it, I used the Environment - Set Fog action. I was able to see the fog, though I don't know for sure that all players would be able to see it.

0WN3D

Reaction score
Can you please teach me what each of the field means?
Environment - Set fog to style (Linear), (z-start 1000.00), (z-end 8000.00), (density 0.00) and color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%)
I dunno what does linear, zstart, z-end and density means.... colour is simple enough as i fiddle with them before....

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
you can create an image of a pure blue square that covers the entire screen with a transparency of 75% and it would tint it nicely, and this is adjustable to your liking

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
I'd suggest investigating the cinematic fade filters. BTW, that's probably what GFreak45 was talking about.

0WN3D

Reaction score
Soo you are saying to import a vry big square model? well i dunno anything bout modelling so could you lps provide the needed source?

GFreak45

Reaction score
no... its not... ever wonder how the tkok rpg uses a different interface? or how it makes the map show up on the screen after the game loads while it initiates? you can create an image and change the transparency exactly like what i was saying... you need to import the image you want to use and create it via triggers when you want it created

and ill find a source for you in a bit, im at work still just got off :D

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Cinematic - Fade out and back in over 2.00 seconds using texture White Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 100.00%) with 50.00% transparency

Use something like that, I think it would work.

GFreak45

Reaction score
import a blue .blp file with the max resolution of wc3 and do this

Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Image - Create an image using ReplaceableTextures\Blue Square.blp of size 1000000000.00 at (Center of (Playable map area)) with Z offset 80.00 using image type Topmost
    • Image - Change the color of (Last created image) to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 70.00% transparency

if you use an image with anything other than blue this would probably create a lot of lag, just one solid color should be fine, and this should be saved to a variable for easy removal later

0WN3D

Reaction score
Sorry GFreak45..... But mudkip's idea is easier to make and it works.....
Case Closed...

GFreak45

Reaction score
no need to get snippity... if u just said his idea worked i wouldnt have said anything else...

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Maybe he just managed to test it, and found out it worked. It still doesn't matter anyway, since the problem is solved.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.