HP/MP Regeneration Aura

Raveren

Reaction score
Hey, I have a problem and dont know how to fix it ;/ I want to make a aura, which will grant HP and MP regeneration, but I cant find an aura at which I can base ;/ Can anyone help? Im noob at World Edit ;/

Pharaoh_

The epic journey will soon begin... Prepare!
Reaction score
HP regen aura = Unholy Aura
MP regen aura = Brilliance Aura

Raveren

Reaction score
Yup, but I want to make it in one aura, not two. :( And here's a problem, there are not aura which grant hp and mp regeneration ;/

Edit: Anyway, thx for fast reply :)

Pharaoh_

Reaction score
Then, trigger it. Go to Trigger Editor and follow through this schema:
Trigger:
  • Trigger
    • Events
      • A unit learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero skill) Equal to (Your ability)
    • Actions
      • Set Hero1 = (Learning Hero)
      • Unit - Add Brilliance Aura to Hero1
      • Unit - Add Unholy Aura to Hero1

Now, you will make: Go to Object Editor and find Brilliance Aura, go to Data - Hero Ability, set it to False and Data - Item ability again set it to False. The same thing for Unholy Aura.

Create an ability based off Endurance Aura now and all the effects set them to 0. E.g. change Attack speed increase to 0, so that it has no effects. Rename this ability and use its name on the trigger above in "Conditions". So, if you name it for example "Resistance Aura", your condition above will become: "(Learned Hero skill) Equal to Resistance Aura". This means that when you learn this ability, the other two will be added and have the effect of both MP and HP regeneration; this is what this trigger does.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
not shure it works, but make a spellbook ability, and then just make it un-openable (new word :D ) and then add the aura's to it...

Raveren

Reaction score
I will try it too. But I have now other problem :s
I want to make floating texts in 11 regions. But when Im making it, it doesn't work :(
Here is Trigger:
Code:
Beginning
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Action
        Text - Create floating text that reads Red Way at (Center of Red <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
        Text - Create floating text that reads Blue Way at (Center of Blue <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (0.00%, 0.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
        Text - Create floating text that reads Cyan Way at (Center of Cyan <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (0.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
        Text - Create floating text that reads Purple Way at (Center of Purple <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
        Text - Create floating text that reads Yellow Way at (Center of Yellow <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
        Text - Create floating text that reads Orange Way at (Center of Orange <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (80.00%, 40.00%, 10.00%), and 0.00% transparency
        Text - Create floating text that reads Green Way at (Center of Green <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (0.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
        Text - Create floating text that reads Pink Way at (Center of Pink <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 50.00%, 50.00%), and 0.00% transparency
        Text - Create floating text that reads Gray Way at (Center of Gray <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (50.00%, 50.00%, 50.00%), and 0.00% transparency
        Text - Create floating text that reads Light Blue Way at (Center of Light Blue <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (50.00%, 50.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
        Text - Create floating text that reads Secret Heroes at (Center of Secret Heroes <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency

Whats wrong? ;/

@DOWN Hmm, still dont work ;/ Only 'red way', 'orange way' and 'secret heroes' works ;/

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
try using elasped time seconds rather an map initialization

my timer didnt work once cause i had map initialization but when i changed the event to elasped time 0.01 (0.00 probably works too) it went fine

lindenkron

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Erhm, excuse me.. one of the fountains have an aura that regs both Mana and HP .. Use that?

Pharaoh_

Reaction score
They are not real auras, they count units that come within range and they are auto-cast. Plus, fountain needs to have both abilities to regenerate both hp and mp. He asked for auras, so, this solution is clearly impractical. Finally, adding this in a unit that takes orders, like Priest, all orders will be undone, so that he heals the hp/mp of the units around (it is a spell casting anyway, that's why only Fountain has it - cause it takes no other orders to accomplish). Attacking then and regenerating nearby allies' hp cannot be done then, because like i said, those are spells, not auras (which do not restrain orders).

lindenkron

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
He might have asked for aura because he thought it was an aura? Dont mean he NEED it to be an aura if he just needs the units to reg both mana and hp ;)

Raveren

Reaction score
Hmmm.. I wanted aura which regenerates HP and MP. U know, first lvl - 5hp/mp/s, second lvl 10hp/mp/s etc. I dont want it to be a skill :C
Imagine a kodo beast hero. he get a ability "regeneration aura" and then every unit in 900 range will get additional hp/mp regeneration. And I want it to be in one aura, not 2 ;D

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Just make a dummy unit that follows around the hero that has the mana aura and give the hero the HP aura, or the other way around.

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
They are not real auras, they count units that come within range and they are auto-cast. Plus, fountain needs to have both abilities to regenerate both hp and mp. He asked for auras, so, this solution is clearly impractical. Finally, adding this in a unit that takes orders, like Priest, all orders will be undone, so that he heals the hp/mp of the units around (it is a spell casting anyway, that's why only Fountain has it - cause it takes no other orders to accomplish). Attacking then and regenerating nearby allies' hp cannot be done then, because like i said, those are spells, not auras (which do not restrain orders).

You are wrong, I have maps that use those fountain auras and they work. Make an ability based off Fountain of Restoration's ability, it grants Mana and Life regeneration in 1 aura, but it doesn't have an in game icon, so youll have to trigger it and use a dummy icon if you want one.

Pharaoh_

Reaction score
You are wrong, I have maps that use those fountain auras and they work. Make an ability based off Fountain of Restoration's ability, it grants Mana and Life regeneration in 1 aura, but it doesn't have an in game icon, so youll have to trigger it and use a dummy icon if you want one.
I beg you read carefully. I didn'y say they do not work, i said they are not auras. They are spells; if you want, check it out. Those are auto-cast spells (which means they are active), but he wanted auras (which means passive). If you still think that Fountains use Auras instead of Active Auto-cast spells, go to Edit - Find... - "Life Regeneration Aura". Notice that it has an order ID string, which, if it was a passive aura, it would not belong there [only active spells have order ID strings].

Raveren

Reaction score
Then, trigger it. Go to Trigger Editor and follow through this schema:
Trigger:
  • Trigger
    • Events
      • A unit learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero skill) Equal to (Your ability)
    • Actions
      • Set Hero1 = (Learning Hero)
      • Unit - Add Brilliance Aura to Hero1
      • Unit - Add Unholy Aura to Hero1

Now, you will make: Go to Object Editor and find Brilliance Aura, go to Data - Hero Ability, set it to False and Data - Item ability again set it to False. The same thing for Unholy Aura.

Create an ability based off Endurance Aura now and all the effects set them to 0. E.g. change Attack speed increase to 0, so that it has no effects. Rename this ability and use its name on the trigger above in "Conditions". So, if you name it for example "Resistance Aura", your condition above will become: "(Learned Hero skill) Equal to Resistance Aura". This means that when you learn this ability, the other two will be added and have the effect of both MP and HP regeneration; this is what this trigger does.

Ok, thx man, I tried it, and its working :)
But I have 2 next problems now :D
1: How to make that when I lvl up my 'regeneration aura' then mana and HP aura will lvl up too?
2: How to hide this two auras? I want only 'resistance aura' to be shown on hero

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
1. Level them with a trigger. (Set level of [aura ability] for [unit] to ((level of dummy ability) for [unit])
2. Put them in a spellbook, disable the spellbook.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.