Arena *> Hulk's Heroes <*

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
Back from the dead comes the forums, but during this time my project has been far from dead, woot woot!!!

Backstory:
A few months back I was getting bored, and being unable to find a steady project to work on that was actually going somewhere, I sat and thought about my options...What was my favorite thing to do...design and make heroes....what kind of map relies mostly on heroes.....an Arena!! Thus my idea, and mapping passion for the past 2 months began. I recruited a team and began work.

Acehart and I, over the past close to 2 months now I think, have been putting tremendous efforts into a new Hero Arena, along with terrain help from recently MIA Jimpy. We have made tremendous strides towards a beta release of the map, and are nearing that stage.

Let me tell you a bit about what we have accomplished thus far:
*Very good, sunken ruins style Arena terrain, not entirely completed, but deff. not an eye sore
*As of now, 17 completely JASS written , custom and unique heroes, many with custom models/skins, effects and icons
*A chargeables shop, an armor/weapon shop, 1 item recipe shop, and a roaming merchant who will sell and purchase items
*A simple yet effective 1v1 and team duel system, with 3 neat arenas
*Regular creep camps, boss creep camps, and a roaming troll tribe with AI
*An amazing never done before, completely dynamic multiboard
*Unique hero kill anouncement system and bounty system
*Vex's hero selection system
*Completly MUI abilities, so that any hero can be used by any amount of players
*Game modes voting system
*Hero AI system

as that stands, the next course of action for us is to finalize terrain, keep adding new heroes and items, and see how beta tests go

A few new neat things I am planning on making in the near future are:
*random terrain changes/events that will change gameplay and make it fun and interesting
*a possible banking system and reputation system

Here are how heroes are set up currently:
1 innate - we have tried to make innates so that they grow in strength as the game progresses, so that they don't become obsolete
3 regular abilities - 5 levels each - try to have atleast 1 passive between these and the innate
1 ulti - 3 levels(7,14,21 is when you can learn it)

Team set ups:
There are 4 teams each with 3 players, and at the beggining of the game each player votes on what type of game mode they want(what to do to win the game) and their desired game length if applicable

Comments, suggestions, thoughts, ideas, critiques, are all welcome, hope to hear from people soon! :) Again we are still taking hero/item/gameplay ideas, and they were very much appreciated!

http://www.wc3campaigns.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=9396&d=1153071346

Mullit

Reaction score
i would but i live in england so that time for me would be between 1 and 5 in the morning and im not really gonna deprive myself of sleep for ur arena. hope to play it after beta tho

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
I will be happy to help beta test :) I like arenas, as long as they don'ty suck. And I doubt yours will.

Azeroth, thats US east correct? I will be free anytime from 8-9:30 on weekdays, and almost anytime on weekends.

I will be a good beta tester because I know how it feels when someone gives you crappy replies... It doesn't hgelp at all. Just tell me when and I'll be there.

W

WoW_Error

Oh! Oh!

Lemme! I wanna test.

I wanna see how incredibly sick you made Geralt. muhahah.

Question: Did you use any of the other heros I submitted? I'm making an AoS and just want to know if there are any of the idea posted that I could still use. I mean, I thought those heros up for you and your arena, but I'm just wanting to save some brainstorming time to work on the terrain and triggering.

emjlr3

Reaction score
i made geratl and the myrmidon, but none of the others, if you could repost your item ideas that would be good too becuase I was unable to reference any of those when making the items

W

WoW_Error

emjlr3 said:
i made geratl and the myrmidon, but none of the others, if you could repost your item ideas that would be good too becuase I was unable to reference any of those when making the items

I'd be glad to, though it may take me awhile to dig out the rough draft .txt file, I had to replace my HD a few days ago- still finding out that I have more files I need to transfer from the old drive to the new. But I'll get them up as soon as I can.

Zakyath

Reaction score
Aw, I'm working on a map, and when I read this, everyone just are going to think I'm copying!

emjlr3

Reaction score
Beta Test

ima be on tonight, if I can get a hold of enough ppl, Id like to run a kinda of beta test, atleast for a little, just to try it out once, Id like to get atleast 6 ppl together, if anyone wants to try, get in contact with me tonight, either on AIM: DJ Reminisk MSN: [email protected] or Azeroth: isitdonothing

Aw, I'm working on a map, and when I read this, everyone just are going to think I'm copying!

doubtful, there is so much that can be customized in an Arena, especially heroes

Zakyath

Reaction score
1. It's an Arena too
2. It's Sunken Ruins
3. Planning to get the vote about game system
4. Using same models, etc.
5. Etc. :p

To not try to get as many skins, icons, etc. as other people, I try doing most myself. Works... almost ^^

emjlr3

Reaction score
eh ive only got 4 custom hero models, but lots of effects, and 1 of the hero mocels is just made for me, o wells, anywho, beta posted, if anyone wants to test single player

-level ## to level up your hero, -restore to restore your hero, there are also some comp heroes to fight against

plz dont host on bnet, this is just for you guys to get an idea of where we are at in development, there are still a few major bugs we need to iron out, most notibly in the duel system and player leaving system

if you would like to test with me on b net gimme a whisper or something

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
Test

id be glad to test but i cant play games on school nights but summers coming up soon so ill have lots of time

Zakyath

Reaction score
It always takes me about 20 minutes to download from that site :D

Edit:

UGH! Protected.. Maybe I'll try later...

emjlr3

Reaction score
it reduces the size by like 400kb and the loading time by like 8 seconds, y not use the optimizer, plus it makes all of Aces GUI into non bj JASS ;)

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Being able to test would be awesome. However, the only time I could do it would be around 8-10PM on friday's and Saturdays. My acc is Phoenix3568 on wc3.

Zakyath

Reaction score
>it reduces the size by like 400kb and the loading time by like 8 seconds, y not use the optimizer, plus it makes all of Aces GUI into non bj JASS

Oh well, I don't think I would protect when I wanted someone to test it single player ^^ Well, everyone's different. Right when I'm home from school I'll try it.

Edit:

W00T! No comment... I'll just say DotA'll stay at it's position...

Zakyath

Reaction score
Many things. Damn, it's too perfect. It's something with it that I don't like. Everything's great, I couldn't find any bugs. But still, there's something missing...

emjlr3

Reaction score
suggestions are welcome ;)

could it maybe have been teh fact u were playing alone.... ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.