I have an idea for a game

Grundy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
What up ya'll?

I got an idea for a game. However, I have been in a strange mood lately. Everything bores me. I can't stay interested in anything. If I attempted to make this I know I would never finish even 10% of it.

The idea basically stems off of 1 main concept: Spells and Abilities applying status effects.

The map could be AoS style, Team-based hero arena style, or even somehing like a big melee style map except no base building and resource harvesting. You would basically fight the other team with your team, do whatever you want to level up.

Some of the things I've thought of would be:

Hero: Rogue?
Ability: Quick Strike - melee range attack that deals X damage and causes "Bleeding" status, while the target is "Bleeding" it takes Y damage per second.

Hero: ??? (Something with a hammer)
Ability: Skull Bash - Hits target with the hammer, deals X damage and causes "Dazed" status, while the target is "Dazed" it has Y% chance to miss attacks.

Hero: Enchanter?
Ability: ??? (Some kind of mental attack) - Makes the target lose X mana, If the target has "Dazed" status it also takes Y damage.

Hero: (Some sort of healer)
Ability: Heal? - Heals X hp and removes "Bleeding" status

There are plenty of more you could do. Maybe 2 abilites that both cause "Dazed" status would upgrade that status to "Concussion" and cause it to miss attacks and slow its movement/attack speed or it gives a chance to stun the hero under the Concussion effect every time it is attacked, There are tons of possibilities.

What do ya'll think?

Got any more ability ideas that apply or affect different statuses?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
That's not really a map. That's just making some heroes that aren't even completed. :D

So you're basically asking for ideas that you won't even use? :p Part of making a good map is staying focused, me just says. :)

For Rogue:

Swift Assault
Description: In such a swift blaze, he moves so fast that all time seems to be frozen. Lasts X (2-6 Seconds). During this effect his movement speed is decreased by 25%.
Effect: Basically is like from Defense of the Ancient's Chronosphere, except for the whole map. You could pause every single unit except for the rogue, and just put a slow skill on him.

Enchanter:

Telekenetic Hammer
Description: Sends out a massive, flying mental hammer out in a line, dealing damage to enemies. Enemies hit are then dazed for 6 seconds, decreasing movespeed by 30% and making them have a 50% chance to miss on attacks.
Effect: It's like a shockwave but with the missile model of a Storm Bolt; you could make a unit, make it larger so it's huge, and the dummy goes foward. Then a dummy could cast like Panda's Beer thing at a dummy unit that is created in the lines. This synergizes with Enchanter's other spell that you gave.

Grundy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
That's right, it's not a map. It's an idea. I didn't say "Hey guys, here's a map!" I was offering an idea for a new twist on a map that would improve team play and strategy. I never said I was going to write out a full complete design document for a map.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So you're basically asking for ideas that you won't even use? Part of making a good map is staying focused, me just says.

He's not asking for ideas, he's giving them

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.