I know this seems stupid, but...

O

Otter

How do I make it so the race of both groups on my map are fixed? I tried scenario -> player properties, and changing the race in the drop-down box, but when I open the map, it doesn't work... You can still choose any race.

O

Otter

And, another thing: why is it that whenever a map is non-melee, it doesn't work?? The map opens to an instant victory!! What am I doing wrong? Grr. I've done this before, but it's been quite a while...

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
1. try "fixed start location"
2. open the trigger editor and change the existing trigger map initialization. the action you need to remove is "melee map - enforce default victory conditions"
you will find alot of melee map stuff to remove here including the town hall and peons.

O

Otter

I saw the "enforce default victory conditions," but if I remove that, then will there BE victory conditions? I've never really played with triggers and such -- everything I've done has been really straightforward.

I've already fixed the starting location, and that, oddly enough, works. It's only the race that I can't seem to make work properly. Very frustrating.

Korolen

New User (Why do I keep getting those red bars?)
Reaction score
Otter said:
I saw the "enforce default victory conditions," but if I remove that, then will there BE victory conditions?
That action sets the game up to victory you (and defeat the enemys) if your enemies don't have any buildings. At the start of the game you instantly win because they don't have any structures.

zyzfcs

Reaction score
Otter said:
It's only the race that I can't seem to make work properly. Very frustrating.

go to the player properties change the drop down boxES and than go to the Force Setting section- put a check mark in a box -the box is called- (FIXED PLAYER SETTING)

T

Trotim

Korolen said:
That action sets the game up to victory you (and defeat the enemys) if your enemies don't have any buildings. At the start of the game you instantly win because they don't have any structures.
You can trigger your own victory conditions though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.