I lost my love of Warcraft to Starcraft 2. It's aching me!

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
I almost got kicked when I actually blocked a player's way in a DotA match.

Your lucky enough he didn't kick you for just being on his team for 4 seconds into the game :rolleyes:

Starcraft is where Real Gamers Play. Anyone playing any other game that's less balanced (except supreme commander. It's made of win) is beneath me.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Starcraft is where Real Gamers Play. Anyone playing any other game that's less balanced (except supreme commander. It's made of win) is beneath me.
Hm... I'm thinking that might be a cause. But on second thought, Warcraft 3 is also for real gamers. Can someone help me with this dilemma?

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
what dilemma. wc3 is a great game. and in Taiwan MLG players are full of win :thup: they mainly play starcraft however. The point is.... get sc2 along with any more RTS games that blizzard releases. They may be douches about third-party material but they make great games. Theres nothing to be ashamed of if you like another one of their games. Its the same company, is it not?

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Go Starcraft Broodwar first. Trust me the Game is Hard to master as it is now and im sure that Starcraft 2 would be as well.

Learning from the original one would help you master Melee play there much easier. If you're into that sorta thing.

ibrahim33

Reaction score
I dont understand whats so fun about sc2. I would prefer swords and magic over futuristic gay robots any day. :mad:

KillerChi

Reaction score
It's been a while since I played WC3, but I have gotten kicked for a million and one reasons.

You got kicked because you told someone that Alienware was for gaming?
LO-freaking-L!
funny-cat.jpg

Back on topic: I'm excited.

Didn't people complain about WC3 taking a while?

I think Blizzard is still polishing it and programming it.

Blizzard is like Bungie: They take a while, when it comes out, it WILL be good, I have yet to hear about a Blizzard game which was hated.

SC2, don't go the Duke Nukem: Forever route.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
I think he meant Wine or something...

And yeah, Starcraft is hard alright...There's no descriptions about the units.

I don't mean WINE. That isn't really an emulator. I mean things like snes9x, playing snes on your computer. But that's getting off topic. :rolleyes:

quraji

zap
Reaction score
Blizzard is like Bungie: They take a while, when it comes out, it WILL be good, I have yet to hear about a Blizzard game which was hated.

SC2, don't go the Duke Nukem: Forever route.

Warcraft Orcs and Humans > Halo

Every fan of Blizzard knows to expect lots and lots of delays. And despite all the squirming we do when we hear that we'll have to wait longer, we know that Blizzard does this because they want their stuff to be perfect. It's obvious from the HUGE following each of their franchises have (not even including WoW). Look at any Top X PC games and you'll see Blizzard at least once. And Starcraft 2 will be another.

And this, friends, is why we wait.

EDIT:
I will concede that WoW has sucked up a lot of their time. But you can't blame them, people pay good money for it. Blizzard's own standards push them to keep WoW in the best state possible (and release new content often). And they'll have a, let's see..-unlimited- budget for any other projects :p

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Warcraft Orcs and Humans > Halo

Every fan of Blizzard knows to expect lots and lots of delays. And despite all the squirming we do when we hear that we'll have to wait longer, we know that Blizzard does this because they want their stuff to be perfect. It's obvious from the HUGE following each of their franchises have (not even including WoW). Look at any Top X PC games and you'll see Blizzard at least once. And Starcraft 2 will be another.

And this, friends, is why we wait.
To sum it all up, they are perfectionists...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.