I met someone in warcraft 3 and he found my...

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
Ok so i teamed up with this guy in warcraft and he was being an ass, so we team killed each other
Then he said he could get my ip then my address birthday telephone #
I laughed and said it was bs but he actually found my bday, he also said he had all my isp records
What can I do to report him/protect my identity
azeroth -> rijker

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
nothing. all you need is a program that gives you other players IPs. And then you just do a reverse lookup with google.

AnthraxXx

Reaction score
Yeah... I wouldn't get too worried about it.

If you really wanted you could change your IP or use a proxy program like IP Sharkk.

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
nothing. all you need is a program that gives you other players IPs. And then you just do a reverse lookup with google.

reverse lookup?
and also if I change my ip can't rij find it again?
I downloaded antivirus software AVG and Malbytes just now. scanned comp is fine
Rijker has my personal information so can't he use my credit card or input a keylog into my computer?
He stated that all my IPS records were in his possession as well.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well if he wants to steal your credit card and other information he is violating United States Law.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
reverse lookup?
and also if I change my ip can't rij find it again?
I downloaded antivirus software AVG and Malbytes just now. scanned comp is fine
Rijker has my personal information so can't he use my credit card or input a keylog into my computer?
He stated that all my IPS records were in his possession as well.

You're freaking out for no reason. If I wanted to, being a mod*, I could search your IP address and look up info on you too. No harm will be done. No he doesn't have remote access to your computer and no he wont get your credit card information.

Look: http://cqcounter.com/whois/

Go ahead and search someone's IP and you will get a decent amount of info on them.

*Mods and admins have your IP address, any site you visit has your IP address.

Samuraid

Advisor
Reaction score
Ok so i teamed up with this guy in warcraft and he was being an ass, so we team killed each other
Then he said he could get my ip then my address birthday telephone #
I laughed and said it was bs but he actually found my bday, he also said he had all my isp records
What can I do to report him/protect my identity
azeroth -> rijker
Also bear in mind that if your screen-name on battle.net (or other online play systems) is the same as on social networking sites like facebook/myspace, then people can correlate such things and get info on you easily.

Also, if they have a lot of time on their hands, they can search for your usename, find all your forum posts at different forums, and build a reasonably accurate profile on you using only information you have freely provided.

I wouldn't worry too much about this. Just be careful with what sort of things you let out about yourself on the internet.

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
I think we should worry about the "ass´" real life D:?

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
do not worry. if he threatens you, he will have all the mods of thehelper down on his ass..

*ahem*

People make threats like that all of the time, ive been worried about that for a while, but only a few people will actually follow through with it.

Polak

I am cool.
Reaction score
If you are really worried about it you can report him to the Internet Crime Complaint Center.

The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C), and the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA).

IC3's mission is to serve as a vehicle to receive, develop, and refer criminal complaints regarding the rapidly expanding arena of cyber crime. The IC3 gives the victims of cyber crime a convenient and easy-to-use reporting mechanism that alerts authorities of suspected criminal or civil violations. For law enforcement and regulatory agencies at the federal, state, local and international level, IC3 provides a central referral mechanism for complaints involving Internet related crimes.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.