I Think I Picked Up Malware/Virus. Help!

Cognitor

Reaction score
I was hoping someone could help me with my little problem. While I was browing failblog, I suddenly was prompted with something about Adobe not working. Then, the computer restarted by itself. After reloading, there was an icon on the desktop called something Antivirus. I deleted it immediately.

At the bottom of the screen I now have a constant windows prompt sticking out of the toolbar saying "Your computer is infected!" and to click on the prompt (I've attached a screenshot). I haven't clicked on the prompt - it looks fishy and I've checked my windows security center which has no warnings about anything. I deleted all my temp files, cookies, browsing history immediatly. I've run SpySweeper which got rid of some cookies and whatnots but it's a little outdated.

I downloaded HighjackThis and got a window full of stuff that I should ask an expert about before "fixing." I've posted 2 screens of the entire log file below in the hopes that someone can tell me what to get rid of.

Any suggestions as to what this virus/malware is/does or how to get rid of it would be appreciated.

Thanks if anyone can help!

Attachments

• warning message.jpg
    warning message.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 215
  • R1-04.jpg
    R1-04.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 263
  • 08-023.jpg
    08-023.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 225

Cognitor

Reaction score
I got rid of it using a program I found online. If there's anything I should get rid of based on what's in the log file for HijackThis, please let me know. Again, malware is resolved. Thanks for any help.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.